Looking for opinions about replacing Bosch Jigsaw

kermit

Bought a Bosch 1591EVS jigsaw new a number of years ago. Was always impressed with the ones I had used in commercial settings and saw how they lasted for decades. This one was my personal tool and only used it a few times before warranty expired, then shortly after the speed control failed. It would randomly change speed. I wasn't impressed, especially considering it was a $50 part at the time. Then last week the armature went up in smoke and it quite altogether.

I'm looking at Bosch JS572EB barrel grip to replace it, but after the last experience I wonder if I even want another Bosch saw? Considering alternatives such as the Makita 4351FCT. Any thoughts or opinions? Need to replace this soon as I need it for a job

I see an awful lot of people singing their praises about Bosch jigsaws. Makita’s jigsaws seem pretty well respected in general as well but i don’t get the impression the general preference is that huge, probably favors Bosch by a bit if anything. For what it’s worth I have a couple cordless brushless D-handle Makita jigsaws and I like them pretty well for the occasions I need them.