$1000 each at least in with Red and Blue tools but love DeWalt’s impact driver

65refinyellow

I bought my brother an Atomic impact driver because we will add him to our crew doing remodels.

The boss is Makita LXT and I am evenly split between Makita and Milwaukee M12/M18.

DeWalt Atomics seem to embody the sheer power of Makita LXT and compactness of Milwaukee M12 FUEL tools!!

The Atomic series seem perfect for remodels.

What do you like in Atomic?

• 65refinyellow changed the title to $1000 each at least in with Red and Blue tools but love DeWalt’s impact driver

I've yet to purchase any of the Atomic tools, but do own a lot of the 20v Max XR and both M12 and M18 Fuel tools.  My M12 Fuel impact driver needs to be sent back for repair as it doesn't retain sockets (came out of the Packout Gen 2 Fuel kit like that a coupe of years ago).  I've used the drill quite a bit and like it, but to be honest my newer Xtreme tools are equally capable for what I do.

I think that a big problem with us tool aficionados is that we can find something to like in every major platform.  For me, I got into DeWalt because it's what I used way back when in the trades and family and friends swore by it.  I got into Milwaukee initially for the price but then for the amount of power that many Fuel tools offer.  My Gen 1 circular saw sees a lot of use, much more than the more powerful but way heavier FlexVolt wormdrive style.  Ryobi sells some unique products not found elsewhere, Ridgid has their LSA, Bosch is, well, Bosch, and MetaboHPT is a bit of a sleeper, often being passed over for Yellow or Red tools but offering stuff like their Triple Hammer.  My brother is a life-long DeWalt user but loved the Triple Hammer impact so much that I had to bring it home.  To be honest, I wasn't worried about it coming up missing, but the first trip or two to the flipper house saw me bringing a hodgepodge of Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, MetaboHPT, and Ridgid tools which I've gradually brought back, leaving some M18 Fuel stuff (so as not to get it mixed up with his DeWalt) and a handful of DeWalt 20v Max tools and batteries to supplement what he has on the jobsite.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:46 AM, fm2176 said:

I've yet to purchase any of the Atomic tools, but do own a lot of the 20v Max XR and both M12 and M18 Fuel tools.  My M12 Fuel impact driver needs to be sent back for repair as it doesn't retain sockets (came out of the Packout Gen 2 Fuel kit like that a coupe of years ago).  I've used the drill quite a bit and like it, but to be honest my newer Xtreme tools are equally capable for what I do.

I think that a big problem with us tool aficionados is that we can find something to like in every major platform.  For me, I got into DeWalt because it's what I used way back when in the trades and family and friends swore by it.  I got into Milwaukee initially for the price but then for the amount of power that many Fuel tools offer.  My Gen 1 circular saw sees a lot of use, much more than the more powerful but way heavier FlexVolt wormdrive style.  Ryobi sells some unique products not found elsewhere, Ridgid has their LSA, Bosch is, well, Bosch, and MetaboHPT is a bit of a sleeper, often being passed over for Yellow or Red tools but offering stuff like their Triple Hammer.  My brother is a life-long DeWalt user but loved the Triple Hammer impact so much that I had to bring it home.  To be honest, I wasn't worried about it coming up missing, but the first trip or two to the flipper house saw me bringing a hodgepodge of Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, MetaboHPT, and Ridgid tools which I've gradually brought back, leaving some M18 Fuel stuff (so as not to get it mixed up with his DeWalt) and a handful of DeWalt 20v Max tools and batteries to supplement what he has on the jobsite.

Omg being new to indoor trades, even I see this.

As a gardener landscaper full and part time since the 1980s, I pretty much bought what worked but Corona and Echo owned the field with Honda owning mowers.

But then you may chance on Fiskars and Stihl and others who own a space best on a specific tool. Nobody pro stuck to just one brand.

Oddly names like Milwaukee, DeWalt, and Makita have come in big in the yards. Many traditionalists are wary as they will probably be subservient to Echo, Stihl, and Honda, but being in the indoor trades now, I totally trust them.

For now, I will trust team red and blue for low power small battery tools and be team yellow only in my big power plug in tools like compressors, table saws, and miter saws.

I do love DeWalt stationary big tools and their sheer power and I wouldn’t be opposed to getting a Flexvolt battery version. I wouldn’t expect it to have real power (like my plug in miter saw) but not all work like in a miter saw lets say cutting small pieces will need that much power. 

• Like 1