Ryobi Days

fm2176

It's that time of the year again, and despite inflation and so on, Ryobi seems to have the usual Ryobi Days deal: 2-4Ah starter kit with choice of free tool.  The charger is basic but functional.  Years ago, they had a better charger included, but whether you are looking to get into the nearly 30-year-old One+ platform, need some fresh batteries, or want to add a tool or two to the collection, this is probably the best time.  

I first took advantage of Ryobi Days in 2017 or so, when I needed to trim some trees on a property.  That year they had the newly released 3Ah HP batteries combined with the 30-minute charger, and the pole saw ($79 at the time, $129 now) was included in the free tools.  Since then, I've skipped only a year or two, usually shelling out the money to add a couple more batteries and another tool.

I'll probably be stopping by HD on Friday to see what I can get.  Anyone else plan to add some Green to their tool assortment this year?

• Like 1

Well, I stopped by yesterday and grabbed the HP starter kit but couldn't find anything I really wanted (the pet stick vac would have been it, but they were sold out).  I ended up with a couple of the regular One+ starter kits, grabbing the last Verse speaker 2-pack and a Whisper fan.

I have the Score speakers, if they still work.  They've been on the back patio for months, covered but otherwise exposed to extremes.  They're decent enough, but the Verse speakers have more volume and seem to have equal or better sound quality.  Plus, they're substantially cheaper than the Score system was (I bought mine at 75% off, but originally, they were $200 for the hub and speaker kit and $100 for individual speakers).

We're going to a rock festival in fall, so I've decided to make it a Ryobi trip.  I've got the DeWalt Power Station, Ridgid fans, and other luxuries, but will just bring about 20 Ryobi batteries to power the new Whisper fan and my numerous clamp fans, as well as the USB/AC power hub.  I picked up a One+ car charger a while back and will bring that and my 6-battery charging station as well.  Should be enough to keep phones charged and the tent cool for a few days.