Japanese brand Onishi has made a hex shank die holder

Altan

I was digging amazon Japan and I found Japanese brand Onishi making a lot of japanese made tool accessories and one is this amazing tool. You will need to grind it 4-5mm to shorten it to make it compatible with the western impact drivers. Made in Japan

Onishi Hex Shank Die Holder.jpg

13 minutes ago, wingless said:

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the purpose / use of this tool?

The purpose is to use the dies with a power tool, specifically with a impact driver or a drill with a hex shank adapter or chuck and not manually. Basically you attach the dies in this die holder and secure it with the grub screw and use it with impact driver to make threads on a metal bar. 

Die.jpg

Die Holder.jpg

4 hours ago, Altan said:

The purpose is to use the dies with a power tool, specifically with a impact driver or a drill with a hex shank adapter or chuck and not manually. Basically you attach the dies in this die holder and secure it with the grub screw and use it with impact driver to make threads on a metal bar. 

Die.jpg

Thanks.

My preference has always been by hand, w/ a back and forth motion.

1 hour ago, wingless said:

Thanks.

My preference has always been by hand, w/ a back and forth motion.

You are welcome, you can still use it manually with DeWALT T-handle maybe, which accepts 1/4" hex shank bits. I have to try it first to see how easy and smooth it can be. My idea was to have everything with E6.3 1/4" hex shank as much as possible because it is easy to keep them organised in DeWALT accessory cases. I had a similar idea to actually have every size of die integrated with this tool that Onishi has made as a single piece of metal. I did a drawing for that also but I could not find it now, when I find it I will share it here. 

DeWALT T Handle.jpg