DC012 Radio Cell Phone Noise when using Line In on Edge Network

poorshab

Just got the DC012 radio the other day and while it works fine listening to 3G Network Pandora on my Iphone4 it gets a buzz when on "Edge" networks (when working in remote job sites with sparse cell coverage). I plug the iphone into the line in and then to my Iphone and the buzz happens immediately. However when the cable is not connected it does not buzz. I was thinking I might try a Ground Loop Isolator on the headphone jack cable but don't know if that will fix the problem. I have also heard that Ferrite Cores from Radio Shack attached to the line in cable would do the trick.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I was using a TRRS connector that came standard with my I-Phone and had buzzing issues. Switched to a TRS connector and have had 0 problems. However, either connector worked just fine with my Zune HD.

I am actually looking into doing a bluetooth solution but will try the cable first. Cheaper. Anyway, if anyone is interested I am looking at buying a BluBridge mini-jack Rx by Miccus. It is a bluetooth receiver that plugs into line in. I can use the built in power plugs on the radio to keep it charged. Not sure how long my Iphone4 will last in bluetooth mode but I can always leave it plugged in when not changing music. I like the idea of having the phone close to me to change music.

Will post back on both solutions.

Off to radio shack...

• 1 year later...

Archived