dewalt dcd985 20v max piece of crap

johnhill1982

i bought a dcd985 20v max hammerdrill/driver about 2 months ago and was drilling doors with a 1" auger when the drill cut out so now it keeps doing it all the time ive tried three batteries and it keeps doing it so thats not the problem any ideas guys? surely the drill isnt burnt out, should have stuck with my milwaukee tools!!

There is really no major electronics inside the 20v max batteries, it's not the battery that's holding you back.

DCB201_6.JPG

The Drill is not burnt out, it's the electronic package inside the drill telling you that you are pushing the drill to hard. The electronic's shut the tool down so you don't abuse it.

DCF885_7.JPG

Bosch, Milwaukee, Ridgid, others, and now Dewalt are putting electronic's inside the tools to prevent you from damaging the tool/battery from mis/over use. If you've noticed tool blog review's lately, they have changed the way they review runtime. They let the tool rest after so many holes, before they go at it again.

I've heard that some of the first launch were programmed conservatively to be safer? I have heard that this is no longer the case, and that they are being programmed to allow the user to work the tool harder before shut-down. Again, this is a rumor and maybe someone else on here can confirm that?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived