Which Compound miter saw stand

roadhog96

Well I decided to go with the DWX726 mainly because I'm getting to old and tired of lifting and carrying a mitersaw. This way I can leave it attached to the stand and store it upright and secured to a wall. Should be a lot easier moving it up and down stairs with wheels. I have portable roller supports that I can use when cutting longer boards. I took advantage of the DeWalt promotional on the DWS780 and free stand for $599.00. I got an additional 10% off on top of it. I'll use the money I saved for some extra blades. My old mitersaw is all cast iron and weighs about as much as the new saw and stand combined. My aching back!

Well I decided to go with the DWX726 mainly because I'm getting to old and tired of lifting and carrying a mitersaw.......I took advantage of the DeWalt promotional on the DWS780 and free stand for $599.00.......

I got my DWX723 for free in the same promotion.  But i was not given a choice at Lowes, it was this stand or nothing.

Home Depot has the same promotion, but you can pick which of the 2 stands you want.

I almost went with the dwx723, I can see were it would come in handy. After giving it much thought I decided to go with the dwx726 only because I won't have to carry it anymore and it can be stored vertically secured to a wall etc. and it takes up less space in this position. If you really want to be picky, you can find room for improvement with either stand. That's odd that Lowes wouldn't match Home Depot, it was a Dewalt promotional sale not a store promotional. I think if you had spoke to a store manager you might have had a choice.  Both stands are $199.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to remove those factory installed 5mm Allen screws on the top of the DWX726 without stripping the Allen head out. They were obviously driven in with a power tool, there's no way they will come out using that cheap wrench supplied with it. I don't have a 1/4" drive 5mm Allen bit so using the impact driver is out. I'm going to try 2 jam nuts on the opposite end. Maybe I can free them up with a hand wrench. I can only find 1 metric nut in my entire stash of nuts and bolts so I'll have to pick up another one as soon as I can get to the store. I know I'm not the first one to have a problem with this. I found the same complaints on 2 other reviews for this mitersaw stand. I suppose I should mention that the quality and workmanship of this stand is fanominal. I have never seen anything so well packed to prevent any damage during shipping. To bad the factory assembly workers aren't aware that they need to use less force on those seres. Nobody needs this kind of crap when your trying to put the darn thing together. ARGGGGGHHHH!

Well just a follow up the jam nut attempt worked like a charm. Saws all mounted on the the stand and ready to go. I checked everything and all adjustments are spot on right out if the box, thanks DeWalt. Anyone know why the blade wouldn't be centered between the two yellow plastic kerf plates. It is very close to the left side. Is there anyway to adjust this or is this normal?

Mr.yellow is right.  The tear out plates are adjustable on all of the DeWALT saws that I know of.  In the instance that you are working on extremely delicate material, those plates can be adjusted in to zero tolerance so that there is zero "tear out" on the material.  I would not worry about yours being not perfectly centered.

It's the DWS780. Both kerf plates have slotted holes so they can be adjusted. Both plates are as far from the blade as they can go. The blade is closer to the left plate with a very small gap were as the right plate has a very wide gap between the blade. The right plate can be adjusted to the left so that the gap spacing is equal on both sides of the blade. I was just wondering why the saw blade wasn't centered between both plates from the factory. Looks odd it's off center. I've never seen another miter saw that wasn't centered. Didn't know if there was a way to adjust this or not, didn't see anything in the manual on this. Hmm I wonder if it has something to do with the blade having a 1"" hole vs a 5/8" hole. Think I read something about not needing an adapter with the 5/8" hole. I"ll have to read it again.

That's exactly what I was talking about guess mines not the only one like that. Not a big deal but there has to be a reason why it's like that right. Surprised somebody hasn't figured it out yet. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it but I will find the answer eventually. Thanks for checking your saw and posting the picture.

Well I contacted DeWalt about this and here is what they had to say.

<The center of the kerf plates, by design is on the right hand side of the body of the blade (or the surface of the inner clamp washer).  Therefore, the blade will be biased to the left kerf plate.>

So this concludes the mystery of DeWalt's DWS780 offset blade.