CL Festool Mega Sale

EEtwidget

Sent an email and asked if he would ship to Maryland. No answer well It is only 5:45am. 

I just went through the Festool catalog and add up every thing Total $3995.00 He is asking $3025.00 you save $970.00 not the best deal but a deal.

Just goes to show, just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains. That's a lot of cash to drop to see if you like wood working.

Regopit that's an investment in woodworking tool perfection.

I had a feeling he would not take my offer. It would be a pain to pack and ship. On my side if It if I could not write it off on my business I would not have offered him that much to start with some of it I don't need or want. 

Hey Regopit, hers my question about buying on CL. Would you use Paypal? How do you make sure you get you purchase in the mail? Reason being, there's a jigsaw I want to buy on CL but he lives quite a way away and I'm curious how to actually pay and receive without getting hosed. Thanks!

I have never done a long distance buy with someone I did not know. I was going to use PayPal or a bank transfer and if that did not work I have a friend that lives in Orange Ca. I was going to call to see if he would help me out

Sent an email and asked if he would ship to Maryland. No answer well It is only 5:45am. 

I just went through the Festool catalog and add up every thing Total $3995.00 He is asking $3025.00 you save $970.00 not the best deal but a deal.

Just goes to show, just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains. That's a lot of cash to drop to see if you like wood working.

I'll take your word for it

At his selling prices he's not a serious seller.

If prices aren't low enough to buy used it gets to the point where logical reasoning comes in, for a little bit more I might as well but it new with a warranty and return policy

I'll take your word for it

At his selling prices he's not a serious seller.

If prices aren't low enough to buy used it gets to the point where logical reasoning comes in, for a little bit more I might as well but it new with a warranty and return policy

The price 3995.00 is right out of the Festool 2013 Catalog and they offer a 1+2=3 year limited warranty that is non transferable and you must have prof of purchase. I think that he is testing the waters 

I live close to the guy, maybe I can help you broker the deal?

Thank you EE but I'm heading to the Festool Connect in Rhode Island on March 20th. I think that I will wait till then to buy anything. That way I can get my hands on the tools and try them out. I just though if I could get them all I would sell what I don't want but then that is just another pain to deal with. So patients is the word for today.

I've bought and sold lots of items online outside of eBay. On Craigslist it's entirely up to the seller how/if he ships and what payment methods he accepts. Craigslist isn't eBay. It's geared more toward selling locally. I personally don't like long distance craigslist deals. On eBay and the tool forums most sellers are well known and make a lot of money from their reputation as a seller, therefore a soured deal gets deeper into their pocket than screwing you out of 1 tool. Craigslist isn't like that.

When buying long distance ALWAYS use paypal, that way you have a good avenue of getting refunded if the deal goes south. I've send a lot of money to total strangers and I've been very lucky to have never gotten screwed.

When buying used tools I figure 60-65% of retail is fair if the tool is in good shape. I occasionally go to 75% if the tool is in immaculate condition.

• Like 1

I live in a good area to score sweet tool deals. People are always buying new tools for hobby and selling them when they realize how much work... working is. The other day I was working in the garage, my father in law came over, he is recovering from cancer treatments so he like to sit and watch me work. He told me I need a hobby, said I work too much. I told him that working is my hobby. Im up at 6am and work till 6pm, then school till 10pm. On the weekends I study about 10hours and spend my "free" time working in the garage or I'll pick up a side job. Working in the garage and building stuff is fun for me. Most people dont understand it, but thats why we love tools right?

Too bad Im a poor student otherwise I would cash in on the tool deals, I can at least give you guys a heads up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joea
    Newest Member
    joea