EDC Knife

regopit

I never gave it much thought till TAI started to do knife reviews but I have carried this Gerber in my pocket for at least 30 years post-4245-0-69088900-1395669215_thumb.jp. Does anyone else carry a pocketknife every day. I know that sometimes I go places and forget I have it and you would think that the world was coming to an end when the metal detectors go off.

• Like 1

I don't carry a pocket knife too often but I almost always have a Leatherman on me. Right now I am at work and have my Leatherman Mutt on my belt. It's a great all around tool designed to take down an M4 rifle as well as functions as a multi tool.

I don't carry a pocket knife too often but I almost always have a Leatherman on me. Right now I am at work and have my Leatherman Mutt on my belt. It's a great all around tool designed to take down an M4 rifle as well as functions as a multi tool.

AHHHHHHHHHH pretty colors.

I collect knives, I've done so my entire life, so carrying a knife is second-nature to me. Currently I have a Microtech Scarab as my EDC and always have a Leatherman Wave on my belt. Always carry a Leatherman Micra in my pocket too. Knives are something I know quite a bit about. I wouldn't say I was an expert, but I'm close enough to being an expert that I can fool the experts.

I switch up a lot, currently I have a zero tolerance 0561 in my pocket with a leatherman charge TTi.  Im kinda a knife collector as well, own benchmades, spydercos, mircotechs, zero tolerance, etc.. Pretty much all the well known production knife companies.  Never got into custom stuff but may one day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A pocket knife, to me, is simply something I thought every guy routinely carried in his pocket. I've carried one since the first one I ever owned in Jr. High. No one thought anything of it back then. Imagine an 8th grader carrying one through the metal detectors in Jr. High now!

I carry a single blade lock back buck knife. I's a buck knife 'cause it cost me a buck ($1). A decade or so ago Harbor Freight use to sell them and I'd go in and buy them out. At $1 each the price was right and they were great. With a 2-1/2 inch blade, wood sides, brass liners, and bolsters they did everything I asked of them.  I'd loose them, or break them, or one of the rivets would come loose (smack it with a hammer and keep going). They didn't hold an edge long but I didn't have to worry about losing them. Just reach in the drawer, take out another, put a usable edge on it and stick it in my pocket.  I'm on my last two of those and HF doesn't sell them any more. Guess the Chinese jacked up their price LOL!

And, Ever since I first saw the Leatherman WAVE in Costco, around the turn of the century, I've been wearing one on my belt. One of these days I'm probably going to forget and get caught trying to wear it through TSA at the airport. Ooops! Actually, I can't even carry my buck knife on an airplane because it's a lock back and that's still a no no. Oh well, I won't need it to cut a steak up there anyway.