hfd7c

I'm looking into purchasing a new table saw and am looking for some recommendations. It will be used for generalized ripping (plywood, 1x, 2x, etc). I am also starting to get into making some furniture and things (nothing too extensive). Two that I have been looking into are the Dewalt DWE7491rs and the Bosch 4100-09. I know these can handle the general ripping but advise as to whether or not this style saw will be up to basic furniture making would be appreciated. A cabinet saw is out of the question at this time. 

I'm no expert on either of these saws, but both have the power and stand you would want, and aux fence slots for jigs and sleds. I can't remember who said it but basically they said the blade is almost as important as the saw. Here's a good article about different blades. It's a bit old and they only talk about freud blades, but it's a good reference.

http://www.woodworkweb.com/table-saws/41-table-saw-blades.html

I was actually thinking about the Ridgid r4510. It has pretty good reviews over on HD's website, but the reviews on Amazon kinda made me take a step back. Looks like a lot of people were having trouble with the motor burning out.   Looks like Bosch and the Dewalt are the best alternatives. Bosch rip capacity = 25in and weighs 60lbs. Dewalt rip capacity =32.5in and weighs 90lbs. I wish I could demo both. I was using a buddies kobalt table saw (75lbs) to rip a sheet of plywood lengthwise and I noticed the saw tip a little. The heavier dewalt might work out better in that aspect.

Three most popular table saw, from expensive to the cheapest ..
BladeRunner+with+Wall+Mount.jpg

Rockwell RK7321 Blade Runner with Wall Mount - Price : 137.99
Job+Site+Table+Saw.jpg
DEWALT DW744XRS 10-inch Job Site Table Saw with Rolling Stand : Price : 569.00

Worksite+Table+Saw.jpg
Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand : Price :  unknow.

w.png

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Keep any advise, comments, recommendations or comparisons coming. I have used my buddies ridgid table saw quite a bit and its actually pretty nice. Its way nicer than the old compact dewalt saws I have used a ton in the past. I think the dewalt rack and pinion fence system on the newer saws is a nicer design than the ridgid as its going to keep it square but I don't have any actually experience with it. 

I have the DeWalt and have used the Bosch and they are both good saws. The one stand out feature between the 2 saws is the stand. The DeWalt is a more stable set-up besides that you cannot go wrong with either one.