Router

hfd7c

Either one of these will do just about any thing that you want to do

Milwaukee 2-1/4 Max-Horsepower EVS Multi-Base Router Kit with Plung $240

014a3230-84ea-4d85-a60e-247316e10348_400

DEWALT2-1/4 HP Electronic Variable Speed Fixed Base and Plunge Router Combo Kit $230

4b90fd48-3389-40a4-bc70-ccee683c24ff_300

Thanks for the reply I will definitely look into those. I had been looking at the bosch 1617EVSPK because its the only router I have found many reviews on. The price recently went up $40 on it (maybe it was on sale) and I hate to spend more than what I could have gotten it for. Any features you like on those routers you posted more than the other? 

I've got the Milwauke Regopit suggested and have had it for about three years now. Absolutely love it and it was made in America! Cannot go wrong with Bosch either but I base that call STRICTLY on what I have read! Goodluck!

Router things haha jk. On a serous note I am looking to begin building some furniture over time such as bookcase, dog food holder, coffee table (all for personal use). It will also be used for routering door hinges and whatever other things a router comes in handy for. I recently built some oak speaker stands for my home theatre system and used an old cheap craftsman which worked but is on its last leg and I am looking to upgrade. It won't be used in a professional shop but I want something that is quality, will last, and won't have me wishing I spent $20 more for something nicer. 

Amazon has the Bosch 1617EVSPK for $199.00 I have never used the Bosch but I have the two that I suggested and they both work great.  IF you would like to spend some cash you could always go with a Festool !

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1617EVSPK-4-Horsepower-Variable-Collets/dp/B00005RHPD

I agree good recommendations so far. I have the Bosch kit that was mentioned and it's solid. It doesn't mention it in the description but my kit came with a set of guide bushings which was nice. If you plan to do a lot of hand routing you may also want to consider the Dewalt 611. I have cabinet full of routers and ever since I got the 611 that's all I reach for when I do any hand routing. Only drawback is it only has a 1/4" collet.

I have a couple of routers including the Dewalt that regopit showed. It is an awesome versatile router. I often use the plunge base because it has a dust port attachment. One thing to know about routers is they are only as good as the bits you use. Don't cheap out on the bits!

• Like 1

Believe it or not but we've been using an old school black & decker router, the same one for about 4yrs and still going... we rout about only 5 doors with frames a month and no issues yet so that's probily why... if you don't plan on using it much then save ur money...