Red VS Yellow

Javier

I've banned the use of impacts when I've got some of the guys and the apprentice working with me, they are just too loud don't know how they are compliant with noise regs. My drill driver can pretty much handle anything an impact can, we aren't driving huge slag bolts in, plus they wreck screw heads :(

I've banned the use of impacts when I've got some of the guys and the apprentice working with me, they are just too loud don't know how they are compliant with noise regs. My drill driver can pretty much handle anything an impact can, we aren't driving huge slag bolts in, plus they wreck screw heads :(

I may be wrong but to me it seems like impact saves the heads...

• Like 2

True Javier, I'd much rather drive with my Impactor. Easier on the fastener, less chance of me stripping it. But my T15 is my primary tool when it comes to drilling and driving the small stuff. I'm building a fence this spring and will be using both with GREAT relish :)

Same here, in some applications the clutch reigns supreme. I like to use the impact for when driving screws into wood but use a drill when assembling stuff as I can just set the clutch and not worry about stripping stuff

agreed with above, impact is supreme for most screwing applications. I recently had to switch to a drill because my 886 kept shearing 12G roofing screws going into gal posts!

if i was using a drill for putting in Phillips head screws, i would certainly avoid the 985 if at all possible! Since getting a 12V screwdriver, my impact gets much less use too, so much more control without the impact/ratcheting motion for delicate work.

I don't really have a favorite lol in the morning I like to use the drill I guess cause the noise and I'm still hungover, then I use the impact when I start drinking again. That's why they made both

Ha... you are funny; ) true tho. I like to use different tools to do different task. That's why each tool brand makes 20 different drills and impact drivers for drilling and fastening.

And When I'm still hungover. I use whatever near by me to get the screw in, when I started drinking I use whatever I got, even a rock to hit the screw in. cuz I'm "Hammered"! Lame. lol.... j/k.... I try to be professional when I'm working;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use mostly DeWALT power tools. However, I am not bashful about buying the best tool for the job. If Bosch makes something better and I need it, I will buy the Bosch. If Milwaukee makes something that is unique and I need it, I will buy the Milwaukee. If I only have $100 to spend and I need a tool for a job or two, I will go to Harbor Freight. I am VERY lucky to have a father-in-law that has pretty much any power tool that was ever made and he will let me borrow stuff because I take good care of tools. Also, we have an understanding that if I break something while in my possession, I will fix it or replace it for him.  I just don't understand the complete brand loyalty that some have. But, I do appreciate the argument of battery platforms. I must admit, I don't use my power tools a whole lot so I am okay with purchasing some corded tools that I will use lightly or hardly ever. Our locomotive shop pretty much uses DeWALT cordless 14.4v XRP tools. I let one of the newer machinists use my 20V XR drill and impact. He went out that evening and purchased a whole set for himself to use at work!