Just got my Dewalt Tough system Large case DWST08203

Jimmijo

Yeah me, just bought my first Dewalt Tough system Large case DWST08203. I like it a lot so far. It feels tough and great quality. I was going to get a tstak deep box on amazon for my dcs 393 circular saw. Decided to stop by my local Hawaii appliances store HPM to see what they have in store ( since my local Lowe's and home depot doesnt have tough system or either tstak available at the store.) Got out of my truck. There is a brand new set of dewalt tough system displaying right at the entry of the store. The store worker was telling me they just got the shippment last week. And showing me all sizes they have available. They only have the small, larger, XL and the cart at the moment. I ended up bought a Large DWST08203. I was going to get the XL but it just seems too big for what I can store. Even though the large won't fit prefectly with my ciruclar saw in with the tray kind of float up a little bit it still close. Anyways just thought to share my excitement for my new large tough system case;)

post-28745-0-68225600-1397730934_thumb.jpost-28745-0-45463500-1397730972_thumb.jpost-28745-0-57289500-1397731009_thumb.j

I only have two gripes about the tough system boxes and I own eleven of them so I speak from experience. The side clips are crap and the new battery only first fix nailer won't fit in any of them. Apart from that they are brilliant.

Tough ( apart from the crappy yellow plastic side catches) But still better than anything else out there.  :)

• Like 2

The DS300 also works great as a stepladder. For those times you just need a little extra height ;) 

I'm with you Wayne. The yellow side latches are flimsy. They should have made those from metal also.

And I'm surprised the DCN690 doesn't fit. I still don't own one, but figured it would fit inside a DS300. In fact, DeWALT is selling it both in a regular case and a DS400 Toughbox...

• Like 1

Me too. I used it once with 3 DS150 boxes stacked. One of the latches came loose and the bottom 2 cases fell on the floor.

My cases are usually quite filled with tools + accessories, so having more than 2 together is often too heavy anyway.

I guess they made the latches the weakest link on purpose, so when things get too heavy the latches come off instead of the top handle breaking apart.

• Like 1

Good to know. The yellow side clips does looks and feels weak, I didn't notice it too much, since I only have the one. And I don't think they means to design the chips for heavy support conect for carrying multiple cases, but only for click them in place together when storing. If so it could be kind of useless for them, but I would be wrong tho. And if they do use metal latches instead of plastic. It would be much better for those useless chips. Maybe they try to push on the cart. Who knows;)

Me too. I used it once with 3 DS150 boxes stacked. One of the latches came loose and the bottom 2 cases fell on the floor.

My cases are usually quite filled with tools + accessories, so having more than 2 together is often too heavy anyway.

I guess they made the latches the weakest link on purpose, so when things get too heavy the latches come off instead of the top handle breaking apart.

Do you happened know. If the tough system have lifetime warranty or the 3years only.

Or maybe it will make you want to buy the cart.

The dewalt boxes look really good, the only problems I have with them are the size and weight before you even put anything in them, I can imagine as soon as I put a few handtools and accessories in there I wouldn't be able to lift them lol. Even the trolley is a bit badly designed for the uk market as the trolley handles are actually wider than a standard door :(. At the last tool show I went to dewalt had a guy who'd racked out his van they showed me his trolly and he'd actually modded it and ripped the handles and wheels off and reversed them so they're on the inside of the trolley frame, bit of an own goal for the dewalt sales guys who looked a little embarrassed lol.

Ah, you must have seen Jules' van. The white Transporter with the Toughsystem racking.

He's the one who also modified his trolley...

IMG_0881.jpg

Quite smaller than the stock one. Easier to storage as well without that wide handle.

Yes that's the one lol, at the D&M tools fair, I was in love with the festool transporter.

You gotta be careful with the side handles. They are not so much for carrying them around, but for locking them on the brackets.

You're right. I don't rely on the handles to hold the weight (fully extended). I grab them in such a way that the handle does not fully open. I open the handle just enough to get my fingers around them and lift the case with the handles closed. If you can imagine what I'm trying to say