Killed my impact :(

Conductor562

Yea I wish I had a beater sawzall instead of using the Fuel, but the regular M18 sawzall was kinda crappy. I think the problem is that reciprocating saws just tend to get used more often in dirty jobs like cutting drainpipe with water in it too just demoing in dirty conditions.

Yea I don't know what happened there with the M18 Sawzall its a signature product of your brand and you kind of half assed it. You can't be too hard on Milwaukee that came out right around the buyout by TTI. Say all you want about the brand being owned by a Chinese company now they have turned around the brand into a much bigger player in the tool market. Milwaukee was kind of like Apple in the mid 90's floundering around and not being able to get things running right. The had solid products like the corded hole hawg and sawzall, but they couldn't really thrive in new markets like cordless tools compared to Dewalt which at that time dominated the cordless market even corded tools. At that time Dewalt was the go to brand and still is for a lot of people.

• Like 2

Milwaukee had an updated m18 sawzall at the event this year. I haven't heard anything about it though.

It makes sense Milwaukee hasn't abandoned their brushed M18 tool lines all the drills and impacts got updates. They just don't get much attention from the marketing people and the tool blogs. Heck Ozztool talk were the only ones that reviewed one of them.

• Like 1

Very valid point. I too though TTI would be doom for Milwaukee, but they kicked it into high gear and put Milwaukee back on the map.

I'd love to know what percentage of market share Milwaukee has picked up since 2010. I'd bet it's staggering

• Like 1

It makes sense Milwaukee hasn't abandoned their brushed M18 tool lines all the drills and impacts got updates. They just don't get much attention from the marketing people and the tool blogs. Heck Ozztool talk were the only ones that reviewed one of them.

Tool writing/reviewing is a funny thing. The latest and greatest items get the hits that generate the income that sustains the sites. The obscure articles like some of the ones I tend to write, while often revered by the hard core tool junkie crowd, don't often generate the level of interest needed.

You have to find a balance that appeals to both crowds. I think we do a decent job of that.

I would love to see the market sharing statistics too Conductor. In cordless tools in North America it has to be a pretty staggering difference. 10-15 years ago the big players would have been pretty much Dewalt and Makita back then? I know Bosch was around too but I can't really remember their cordless tools.

Tool writing/reviewing is a funny thing. The latest and greatest items get the hits that generate the income that sustains the sites. The obscure articles like some of the ones I tend to write, while often revered by the hard core tool junkie crowd, don't often generate the level of interest needed.

You have to find a balance that appeals to both crowds. I think we do a decent job of that.

I think tools like the updated Milwaukee stuff should still get a review, but I guess everyone needs to allocate their resources from TIA even too Milwaukee's marketing dept. The latest and greatest might not be the most economical option. I think my Tool Deal posts help with that. I can't believe the few M12 Fuel deals I found lately

Have any of you guys considered the M18 Hackzall? Im not sure at the moment if it is fuel or not? I thought Fuel was for the brushless line right? My Drill and impact say Fuel on them. Brushless hammer drill and 3 speed impact kit with the 4.0s and I dont recall seeing it on either the hackzall or sawzall and having both the sawzall has been used maybe one time to try it out. It never comes out of the tool box. The hackzall is the go to for almost everything. Has been in the wet while plumbing and is just great. Smaller yet powerful great tool. Cabt wait to check out the new fuel M18 7 1/4 circular saw. And add it to the mix.

• Like 1