best 12v

1R954Baker-hvac

I'm in the market for a new 12v soon and wanted to know everybodys opinion on this one... perfer yellow but open to other options for this purpose tool... must be light and small as they come, have detachable batt. Use is gonna be for hex screws in air handler's and condensers because I'm so tired of using my hand drivers at this point... variable speed would be nice... just some features I'm looking for in it too...

the Dewalt 12V Max stuff is good. I have the drill and screwdriver (love them), sold the impact due to owning an 18V and would love to try their 3/8 wrench. If you already have 20V Max then your charger can charge 12v max too which is a bonus.

These tools might cover your needs perfectly. BUT they only have batteries up to 1.5Ah (compared to 2.0 and 4.0 from Bosch and Milwaukee). They also have a tiny range.

But Milwaukee (then Bosch) have much better range and battery options.

The Bosch Brushless screwdriver is the most compact 12v driver out right now. You could use and impact driver but its kind of overkill for what your doing you have a chance of messing up threads ,the heads of screws, or snapping fasteners with an impact driver.

I think any of the big three will work. I'd personally look at Milwaukee (Fuel screwdriver or drill driver) first, since I'm pretty heavily invested already, then Bosch, then DeWalt. But honestly, go with what fits your hand best. I have pretty big hands, so I don't have a problem with the grips from Team Red like some of the girls here do... (just kidding!)

The Bosch 12v stuff is nice,and crazy compact. Bought a set for the wife to use and she said thats what I have you for. So ive been using them instead of grabbing the 20v.

Honestly you just gotta decide what batteries you wanna use.  With the 4.0ah battery it lasts forever.

Yeah I'm thinking between the fuel and Bosch... I was also thinking about the gyroscope, going less than 12v just need somthing to handle a lil bit of extra foot lbs when I need it which I don't think it has, like some screws on the inside of the A coil get rusted most of the time and it takes a bit of force to remove em...

In my field working on cars... Snap on makes a very small compact screw gun...but since i aint spending that kind of money for a garbage warranty ive looked at the m12 screwgun...but it really isnt as compact for car interior work as i would like it to be...so now im looking at the bosch to get in those tight areas...probably the best bet for the size.

• Like 1

Couple good write ups over on Toolguyd for the 12v stuff.

http://toolguyd.com/best-12v-cordless-hammer-drill/

http://toolguyd.com/best-12v-cordless-drill-screwdriver-combo-for-homeowner-woodworker/

I have not tried any of the milwaukee fuel line,but from what ive read they are really good. For me it would come down to price comparisons or if i had other tools that used the same battery type. But if small size is what you really want hard to beat the Bosch in that respect.

Used the hammer drill the other day mounted two 40inch tv mounts and still had power to go. Every bashes the led light, personally I use an head lamp if I'm going to be in a dark place. Let's say that my 18v makitas have been staying on the truck

• Like 1

Those ratchets have been sold out for a while your best bet is to convince customer service to let you buy them in store for the the online only deal. As for the update, the m12 fuel tools barely came out a year ago so it will be many years if they do update them. I have the impact and it's awesome. It doesn't need an update

I think they pulled that deal this month just want to check on it, maybe still in store you can order it. I pick the oscillating multi tool as the free bare tool. Milwaukee is updating the hacksaw this year I believe to the fuel line