Garage sale purchase...

Kato

• 9 months later...

Yup, me too. I took some cleaner and a kitchen scouring pad and went over some of it, got rid of a lot of dirt and rust. Still needs to be gone over again but looks a lot better than it did. It's a little cannibalized now though, because I took the wheels off of the roller and put it under the bench, and took apart the drawers in the chest and mounted them to the bench. Works out a lot better for me with the small space I have. No biggie because any time I want I can put it all back together...

19191773294_f6d7866888_b.jpg

Garage 053 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

• Like 3

Yup, me too. I took some cleaner and a kitchen scouring pad and went over some of it, got rid of a lot of dirt and rust. Still needs to be gone over again but looks a lot better than it did. It's a little cannibalized now though, because I took the wheels off of the roller and put it under the bench, and took apart the drawers in the chest and mounted them to the bench. Works out a lot better for me with the small space I have. No biggie because any time I want I can put it all back together...

19191773294_f6d7866888_b.jpg

Garage 053 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

that's a fantastic setup for the space! nice thinking taking the chest apart. i have to ask though... is that a microsoft zune on your wall?!

that's a fantastic setup for the space! nice thinking taking the chest apart. i have to ask though... is that a microsoft zune on your wall?!

Yup. 30Gb of music, non-stop, no commercials. It's old, but it works splendidly, I use it all the time.

Thanks everyone. To be honest I'd like more bench space, but I'm happy with the way things are for now. No plans yet to totally remove everything from the top of the bench, but knowing myself the way I do I'm sure sooner or later I might clear off the whole thing.

As for garage sales...I love them. Even if it's all crap I enjoy going to them, it's weird and fun to see what kind of "treasures" people are getting rid of. But, sadly, it typically is just kids clothes and toys and stuff like that. Nothing really good for me to grab.