What Cordless kit to buy

tim2255

I am interested in buying a cordless kit, but not sure what to go with. Should I go with a Ryobi or spend more money and go with a professional brand like Dewalt or Milwaukee or Bosch. I just bought a new house and I am not in the trades, but want something that will last a long time as I will have to do a lot of work to this house. Can anyone guide me? Also where should I buy the cordless kit so I don't get ripped off?

This is hard to say. I would go feel the tools to see which you like better, better fit in your hand. If I were in your position, I would go with a Milwaukee system. You might spend a little more, but will last you a long time. I like how they fit in my hands and really like the different attachments they have esp. the sawzall.

In terms of where to buy it, usually a home center will be more expensive, but you can return them very easily. I haven't heard of too many online power tool stores. I am sure they are out there, but just haven't heard or seen a lot. One store I heard of is I think it is called tool king or something like that. Not sure how there return or prices are. Personally just because I haven't heard of a lot of these stores, i always go with Amazon. Their prices seem in line. Plus everything I have ever bought from them, when I get my package, there is always a return card which makes it easy.

Just my two cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

if you have a lot of work to do, professional tools are perfered. but if you only need a tool in house, ryobi is enough

in my eyes, miwaukee is much better in dc tools, but for ac tools, dewalt is better

in terms of where u can buy tools u need, sears or homedepot or web stores, i dont think it is a problem

• 4 weeks later...

Well a lot of kits you can buy. I would need to know the type of user you are. I don't want to advertize but you did ask where to go. www.cpooutlets.com

We sale the higher end brands. If you are a extreme do it yourself type of person. I would suggest One of the Recon Milwaukee kits (my fav combo kits) or the Makita Black & White combo kits. The other brands (we don't have dewalt ..YET!) are mostly geared to high end. Also The lesser brands aren't so bad. A lot of guys think they need a 18v when a 14.4v would work just fine.

Makita Black & White kits come with 1.5 amp/hr Bats. These bats weigh a lot less than the normal, but they don't last as long as a normal bat. Being your a do it yourself-er you won't need the bigger sets.

There are a lot of cordless kits avaliable. It really depends what you need in the kit, what volt, what type of abttery system you are looking for and more. Personally I always buy my tools at http://www.tylertool.com. I have always had a great experience with them. I had to make a return one time and it was very painless. They have great prices, but I really like their customer service. If you can let me know what you are looking, I can give you a couple recomendations.

• 1 month later...

Ryobi is a good choice for a part time weekend warrior. One problem you might have with Ryobi is parts and service. I have in the past had a very big problem in getting tools repaired in a timely manner. There just are not a lot of Ryobi service centers, and the parts are hard to order.

On the other hand, you will pay more for a Dewalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, Makita, or Hitachi Power Tool, but instead of being a part time weekend warrior, the Power Tool would take anything you dish out, any time and any day. Plus there are tons of authorized service centers around to take care of your parts and service needs.

Jeff- http://www.toolsandmachinery.com/