I need your OPINION on CORDLESS Power Tools

Claire

Hi Guys,

I want to buy my husband some new tools for his B-day – he mostly uses corded tools at the moment but I’m just fed up of all the cords/extension cords all over the place – so I’m looking at Cordless tools.

I’m hesitating between the “Craftsman C3 19.2V 4Pc. Lithium-ion Combo Kit” and the “Ryobi 4-PC Lithium-ion power Tool Kit”.

I personally really like the Ryobi green color - but I don’t know much about power tools, and I wanted to get some opinions from other Power Tool users on which one you think is a better purchase. The Craftsman kit is more expensive than the Ryobi one but I know he has many Craftsman hand tools in his toolbox. Do you have any advice?

Thanks!

Claire

Lithium is the way to go. I like the Craftsman better, but other people I know really like Ryobi better. I like the balance on the Craftsman better, which means you arm will not get tired as quick. I owned the 19.2 V Ni-Cad craftsman and loved this combo kit. Never had any problems and I put this tool through a lot. Since he all ready owns craftsman tools, I take it he likes them Therefore, I would stick with the Craftsman.

Both systems are quality. But it really depends upon what your husband is looking for. What does he want in a kit? How often does he uses his tools? A big aspect you need to look for is how many power tools does the company offer that are compatiable with your system. Do they offer more than just a drill and saw for that battery line or do they have other tools. The more tools they have for a battery line, the more you can add on without having to buy more batteries.