New brushless cordless SDS

DooDar

Yes!! I have ended up getting one after my DCH253M2 was stolen!!!   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:   :

I would recommend it to anyone!!!!

Its run time is good for a cordless, but it does depend on what you use it for!! If you use a large drill bit then it will not last long!!

I used it with a 7mm SDS bit fitting door frames, drilling in to concrete block and one 5 amp battery lasted me all day!! (example of off and on use)

I also used it fixing bat straps off a wall plate in to a thermo block wall and I did 6 large houses and used 4 batteries and drilled close to 1000 holes using a 7mm SDS again (example of constant use)

When I go house bashing I us everything cordless. Due to the fact that there will be no power in the houses until much later on. And a generator needs permits, a drip tray under it and spill kit next to it!!! far too much to keep carrying around and setting up. 

The way I get over the need for a corded SDS in this situation, is to just keep buying batteries until you have enough so you don't run out of power before you finish or faster than you can charge the dead ones!! :D  

I have 10 x 5amp and 2 x 4amp batteries for all the tools I use and that seems to do the trick.

Don't get me wrong, I have a full kit of corded and cordless tools. I just tend to use the cordless more for the freedom it gives!! and the corded for the intense and heavy work! (where power is available) 

what would you use it for if you bought one Turner85??

Hope this helps

Yes!! I have ended up getting one after my DCH253M2 was stolen!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::

I would recommend it to anyone!!!!

Its run time is good for a cordless, but it does depend on what you use it for!! If you use a large drill bit then it will not last long!!

I used it with a 7mm SDS bit fitting door frames, drilling in to concrete block and one 5 amp battery lasted me all day!! (example of off and on use)

I also used it fixing bat straps off a wall plate in to a thermo block wall and I did 6 large houses and used 4 batteries and drilled close to 1000 holes using a 7mm SDS again (example of constant use)

When I go house bashing I us everything cordless. Due to the fact that there will be no power in the houses until much later on. And a generator needs permits, a drip tray under it and spill kit next to it!!! far too much to keep carrying around and setting up.

The way I get over the need for a corded SDS in this situation, is to just keep buying batteries until you have enough so you don't run out of power before you finish or faster than you can charge the dead ones!! :D

I have 10 x 5amp and 2 x 4amp batteries for all the tools I use and that seems to do the trick.

Don't get me wrong, I have a full kit of corded and cordless tools. I just tend to use the cordless more for the freedom it gives!! and the corded for the intense and heavy work! (where power is available)

what would you use it for if you bought one Turner85??

Hope this helps

Thanks Doodar, finding it difficult to find a review on this tool at all. Must not be hugely popular or maybe because it's relatively new.

My main use for this will be 8-10mm holes into solid block walls with the occasional bigger size. I'm also building myself a collection of batteries so I'd be getting this bare tool. Might just order the new finish nailer too since its been a good week