New brushless cordless SDS

DooDar

Just spotted the new brushless 18v XR SDS DCH273P2 coming available in the UK soon!!!!

I am a little annoyed as it has only been about 2 months since I bought the DCH253M2 

Any way there seems to be a new belt hook added to the new one!! Something I could have really done with a number of times over the past few months.

Still looks cool and I want one!! Just need an excuse for needing two SDS drills so I can buy one ;D

Here is a pic

• Like 1

http://www.toolbank.com/979/p/DEWDCH273P2

@dano_uk "I think it does have a perform and protect sticker on it but I'm not 100% sure "

It is a PP product I am sure

@Mr. Yellow

I is no 4 in the serie. DCH243 - DCH253 - DCH254 and now the DCH273 and DCH274

@madman_us

DCH273P2 will give you, 90 holes at 10mm x 80mm per charge.

@ KWC. I meant 3rd update. The first one DCH243 then later the DCH253 + DCH254 (same model, only difference removable chuck) and now DCH273 + DCH274. Anyway, who cares ;)

It's a nice looking drill and I didn't expect a Brushless hammer so soon, because earlier on it was said brushless technology was not really suited for high drain cordless tools like hammers and circular saws. But technology is always moving, so it's nice to see brushless technology in more tools.

dano_uk I found it on www.dm-tools.co.uk under Dewalt:- Dewalt brushless tools.

I noticed that they had changed the layout of the Dewalt section of the web site and sore the addition of the Dewalt brushless tools!! so naturally I had to have a look  ::)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

that looks like a great tool./ I have one of the older models.

I think its great. I only use it for a quick hole here or there mostly. usually when its not worth setting up a corded tool or if there is no power close at hand

I used it on site a while back installing dado trunking (the plastic boxing that sparkies use in offices  to run cables and mount boxes in)

I was only using 6mm plugs but putting them every 12"along it . I was very surprised at the run time. when im doing that again I wont hesitate to use it again

• 1 month later...

I'm really interested in this DCH274 to replace my old Cordless SDS, nothing wrong with the old one, just the batteries keep letting me down.  It's time to upgrade and this is the one.  

I've really struggled to find out about the Dust Extraction which was mentioned a couple of post back.  I've managed to locate this information on the web after quite some searching.

Strengths and benefits

Exhaustion ideal for dust-free drilling up to 16 mm in diameter
Recommended for cordless hammer drill DCH273 and DCH274
Independent engine maintains maximum power hammer without sacrificing durability
Power Batteries Dewalt 18V XR
High quality washable HEPA filter capable of achieving 99.5% efficiency with dust particles as small as 0.3 microns
Quick release for easy maintenance
Extremely durable for the most demanding applications
The compact design and light weight ensures excellent working comfort
Extraction continues in operation for two seconds after vypynutí tools

Scope of delivery

Extraction is supplied without battery and Hepa filters. You need to be purchased separately.

There is a picture of it on this site: http://www.exkalibr.cz/dewalt-aku-odsavani-d25303dh

and this Dewalt Promo flyer from the USA also mentions it: http://www.dewalt.com.au/DWBrochureStorage/Onsite/2015/Q1/20/ebrochure.pdf

I wonder how good it will be?  Do you think it runs off of the Tool's battery pack, or will it have a seperate battery just for the dust extraction?

Paul