Whats everybodys fav brand

torontotoolman

back in the day any corded tools around the shop that were any good were the Milwaukee's......boss's and the like bitched they were so much more money compared but they did the job and did it well.......not to say we didn't have a few that screwed up but far less than other brands in the day.......so in saying that when I purchase my own tools for home, it was only fitting I went with Milwaukee as well.....now that tools have changed somewhat the Milwaukee brand still serves me well.....I have other brands as well but my fav is the red team....

• Like 1

back in the day any corded tools around the shop that were any good were the Milwaukee's......boss's and the like bitched they were so much more money compared but they did the job and did it well.......not to say we didn't have a few that screwed up but far less than other brands in the day.......so in saying that when I purchase my own tools for home, it was only fitting I went with Milwaukee as well.....now that tools have changed somewhat the Milwaukee brand still serves me well.....I have other brands as well but my fav is the red team....

A lot of people are saying milwaukee i thought it would be more dewalt but its milwaukee i still havent figured out.my fav brand yet thoo im still trying to figure that out for myself

there are a lot of people with Dewalt tools and I'm sure they make some nice stuff....but ......when I see Dewalt I think Black and Decker and then I think Toaster.........

there are a lot of people with Dewalt tools and I'm sure they make some nice stuff....but ......when I see Dewalt I think Black and Decker and then I think Toaster.........

If you think Bosch you think green Bosch, kitchen stuff or car parts... I think it's better if the brands is apart..

Hmmmmmmmm......what's my favorite brand? ????? Hmmmmmmmm.....

FESTOOL.

Then I'll gladly use my Milwaukees, Dewalts, Bosch' and Makitas...... ;)

Chris you did not even need to reply.  We know about your Green obsession.  They really do make some nice tools.   Wish I could afford them and I would be a Festool snob right along with you.

I am a Dewalt guy. I was raised by DeWalt men, between my  grandfather, dad, and uncles. I remember the first time I used a Dewalt miter saw when I was around 10 years old cutting boards for our boat dock. 

P.S. 

I also live in Pittsburgh a true black and yellow town. 

Damn what a tough question. Like asking someone "Who's your favorite child?". It's hard for me to say.

I think overall though, I would have to give it to DeWalt.

They have a great line of corded and cordless tools that I love. I have two DeWalt Planers and an old DeWalt Radial Arm Saw in my shop. It seems like they even have some great cordless yard tools that I can't wait to get a hold of.

For cordless, I go with Milwaukee. 

M18 Fuel is hard to beat. 

For my shop, it goes to Delta.

Panel Saw, Unisaw Tablesaw, Drill Press, Bandsaws, Jointer, Planer, all Delta's in my shop. Great value tools. It would go to Powermatic if I could afford it though.

• Like 1

Damn what a tough question. Like asking someone "Who's your favorite child?". It's hard for me to say.

I think overall though, I would have to give it to DeWalt.

They have a great line of corded and cordless tools that I love. I have two DeWalt Planers and an old DeWalt Radial Arm Saw in my shop. It seems like they even have some great cordless yard tools that I can't wait to get a hold of.

For cordless, I go with Milwaukee.

M18 Fuel is hard to beat.

For my shop, it goes to Delta.

Panel Saw, Unisaw Tablesaw, Drill Press, Bandsaws, Jointer, Planer, all Delta's in my shop. Great value tools. It would go to Powermatic if I could afford it though.

Whats your shop like what do you do.in.it.

My dad and grandfather were plumbers. I would work with them after school from an early age. The holehawg and sawzall were the go to tools. Lol I always got stuck pushing with a 2x4 from the ground while the holehawg rained chips down on me from above. I grew up with Milwaukee tools, but up until the fuel line I preferred DeWalt cordless tools.

Anyway back to the topic. Here are a few of my favorites

Cordless drills - Milwaukee Fuel M12 & M18

Corded drills - Holehawg

Cordless circ saw - Milwaukee Fuel 2731

Corded circ saw - DeWalt DWE 575

Cordless recip saw - Milwaukee 2720

Corded recip saw - Milwaukee 6519

Corded multi tool - Bosch mx30

Cordless multi tool - tbd

Nailers - Bostitch

Table saw - I like my Emerson made Ridgid 2424

One of my best friends is a descendent of Raymond Dewalt. It's funny because he talks about how much better he like the sawzall. His family doesn't have anything to do with the company. My understanding is the company was named after Raymond because he was the one that had the idea for the RAS.

I dont have a favorite brand per se,I go for quality versus price. Im not a contractor of anykind,my expertise is machining and metalworking.

Ive owned many Dewalts and still have several corded ones. Nowadays Im using Bosch 12v and porter cable 20v around the house.

I have a corded Bosch SDS drill and a corded Porter Cable HD circular.

Id probably buy into m18 if there was something I could use alot others may not have.

I dont have a favorite brand per se,I go for quality versus price. Im not a contractor of anykind,my expertise is machining and metalworking.

Ive owned many Dewalts and still have several corded ones. Nowadays Im using Bosch 12v and porter cable 20v around the house.

I have a corded Bosch SDS drill and a corded Porter Cable HD circular.

Id probably buy into m18 if there was something I could use alot others may not have.

The sawzall was the one tool that really pushed me over to the M18 platform. I bought the DeWalt DCS387 and returned it after un boxing it. I couldn't believe how much more vibration it had over the corded sawzalls I've used. I picked up the fuel 2720 and couldn't be happier.
  • Like 1

The sawzall was the one tool that really pushed me over to the M18 platform. I bought the DeWalt DCS387 and returned it after un boxing it. I couldn't believe how much more vibration it had over the corded sawzalls I've used. I picked up the fuel 2720 and couldn't be happier.

Yeah ive noticed that with my friends Dewalt sawzall.   I have the Porter cable cordless sawzall and I use it fairly often trimming my trees and such with a pruning blade on it. Its not a bad saw for the price and the compactness is nice.

I find that every tool company has its goods and bads and its preference at the end of the day i like some dewalt tools but im not the biggest fan of that company im more into milwaukee makita and bosch i find in my opinion there more geared to the pro and im finding that dewalt seems to be a better choice for the "hard core diy'er but im sure not everybody will agree with me but some will

• Like 1

I find that every tool company has its goods and bads and its preference at the end of the day i like some dewalt tools but im not the biggest fan of that company im more into milwaukee makita and bosch i find in my opinion there more geared to the pro and im finding that dewalt seems to be a better choice for the "hard core diy'er but im sure not everybody will agree with me but some will

I agree ......if I made my money with my tools I think I would go with Milwalukee or Bosch.... But for the "Weekend Warrior" DeWalt fit the bill. Their Toughsystem can not be beat In my opinion .

I agree that every mfg has good and bad tools. It be cool to have a ratio of good to bad for each mfg. example: brand 1 90:10, brand 2 70:30.

I usually feel more comfortable trying a power tool from DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, etc. It seems like the more of the manufacturers are starting to take advantage of their brand recognition and get into other markets.

Has anyone looked at the new DeWalt nailers at Home Depot. They look a lot like the bostitch nailers I have. The 15 ga even borrowed the blower, latch, and smart point from their bostitch cousins. I guess Home Depot thinks DeWalt will have a bigger following than bostitch in nailers too.

I agree that every mfg has good and bad tools. It be cool to have a ratio of good to bad for each mfg. example: brand 1 90:10, brand 2 70:30.

I usually feel more comfortable trying a power tool from DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, etc. It seems like the more of the manufacturers are starting to take advantage of their brand recognition and get into other markets.

Has anyone looked at the new DeWalt nailers at Home Depot. They look a lot like the bostitch nailers I have. The 15 ga even borrowed the blower, latch, and smart point from their bostitch cousins. I guess Home Depot thinks DeWalt will have a bigger following than bostitch in nailers too.

Ya but also its peoples preference on the tools a lot of people like dewalt.nailers if.you seen my.post yesterday i do not like them at all and im geussing you like bostich nailers and again i do not i like hitatchi for a nailer and paslode and il take a campbell hause stick framer over bostitch any day lol but thats just me lol
  • Like 1