Impact driver suggestion for home DIY'er

jayjr1105

Wow what a great tool the m12 fuel is. The #1 and #2 torque setting is worth every penny! I was having some buyers remorse seeing all the drill driver combos for $130 and wondering if I should have just went that route not being a professional and all. Super glad I got the fuel. The low power setting was perfect for the screw terminals on electrical receptacles, plus screwing them into the box. I think I will sell my nicad dewalt drill and replace with an m12 soon too. Maybe the hackzall next. ☺

• Like 1

Wow what a great tool the m12 fuel is. The #1 and #2 torque setting is worth every penny! I was having some buyers remorse seeing all the drill driver combos for $130 and wondering if I should have just went that route not being a professional and all. Super glad I got the fuel. The low power setting was perfect for the screw terminals on electrical receptacles, plus screwing them into the box. I think I will sell my nicad dewalt drill and replace with an m12 soon too. Maybe the hackzall next. ☺

Lol! That's how it started with me. Except I got the M12 fuel screwdriver first. The drill and hackzall are awesome.

Do you guys think I could replace my Dewalt 18v NiCad drill and a Dewalt Hammer Drill (A/C) with this?...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYFNDTU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p469_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1F61DD2V2Y47DS7A7YV1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2105317182&pf_rd_i=desktop

I might as well start thinking about converting all my tools to m12.  I have a brick house and an A/C hammer drill might be worth keeping.

Side question... Is there a buy-sell-trade marketplace for tools on this forum?

Do you guys think I could replace my Dewalt 18v NiCad drill and a Dewalt Hammer Drill (A/C) with this?...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYFNDTU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p469_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1F61DD2V2Y47DS7A7YV1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2105317182&pf_rd_i=desktop

I might as well start thinking about converting all my tools to m12.  I have a brick house and an A/C hammer drill might be worth keeping.

Side question... Is there a buy-sell-trade marketplace for tools on this forum?

If you are drilling small holes for anchors/ tap cons, yes it does surprising well. I have a brick house built in the 50's. I always reach for the M12 fuel when hanging pictures etc. It does great drilling into plaster.

I opted for an M18 fuel sds rotary hammer and the 2404 for lighter stuff.

• Like 1

This is my current hammer drill... http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-2-in-VSR-Hammer-Drill-DW511/100037000?N=5yc1vZc2c6Z4j2

I can't imagine the M12 getting anywhere close to that power.

I would say that corded drill should be faster. If you are doing much drilling in masonry you really should try out a sds rotary hammer. They are awesome.

The Milwaukee M12 fuel is a sweet little impact driver. It's what I use all the time because it is so light weight.

Agreed if you're not doing wild home building I'd get the m12 probably my favorite and go to impact right now even as semi professional.

It's also a huge line so if you want expand later down the road you have tons of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk