I think this is Pretty good deal what U guys think?

Bigmikez

Not a bad deal at all Mike. My neighbor has a little one like this, CH I think. It'll run his sump pump but I think that's really it. But when the power is out and the basement is flooding what else do you need right?

1500 watts is pretty small. Personally I would go for something around 5-6kw, that way you can run your pump and the fridge to keep your food from spoiling or run your hot water heater or whatever. We had a tornado roll through town a few years ago and we were without power for a week. If we didn't have our generator we would have lost no telling how much money in our fridge and freezer.

It's a great price for a pretty small generator. a generator is just one thing you don't want to go cheap on thoe.

I am a big fan of Honda generators. There pricy but well worth it. We had a eb6500, but recently sold. It ran 60+ hours in a little under four days running from around 1/2 to 3/4 load. Only reason I sold it was cause I got a miller trailblazer 325 diesel welder/generator, with a 12k generator.

However biggest I can give advice for any generator thoe is....

-always drain gas for storage an rotating out the gas cans every so often you have for it

-check oil often along with filter/filters

-use surge protectors

-heavy gauge cords

-careful location of were you run it

-understand difference between running an surge watts

I know it all sounds like common sense but these seem to be common causes for most issues.

Also never back feed to a houses main improperly. If done wrong excess power will go into power lines an can possibly injure/kill linemen working on trying to restore your power lines.

• Like 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Red Feather
    Newest Member
    Red Feather