Spade Bit Organization!

chewie17

the bits are never the issue with drilling holes its finding the right drill to get 100 holes out of say 1 battery.

I find the bits to do well in certain situations, I would use them for rough framing where a fairly clean hole isn't needed because I do find the tear out from them to be rather excessive. however they get the job done quick

I agree with you on the bad tear out but I use them for electrical rough so no problem there 

No, we don't have stick houses here, we use cinder blocks for exterior walls and steel studs for interior there's little wood used in new construction here. The only time there 2x is when somebody is cheap and doesn't use steel or its an old house with 2x4 interior walls.

I live in a Hurricane zone, the steel studs are 25 gauge and theres some steel posts and I beams that hold the second floor. We use wood truss for the roof and second floor the termites here are some of the worst in the country. So as little wood as possible the better, you'll be surprised how low the prices of the homes are here.   

I don't think I would ever want to live in a home that wasn't 2x construction... ive dealt with the flimsy steel studs up here and they say the don't bend and they say the are strong but let me tell you, they do and they aren't... you cant attach a sheet of drywall to them, you cant hang anything remotely heavy on a wall because the only thing to use is plugs in the drywall... theres no way I would ever buy one.

ill build my own if that was my only option. luckily the termites here are few and far between, and there are very few tornadoes (yes the ones you guys call a windy day) lol so wood for the house and I would brick the outside. if I lived in a rural area I would double brick and insulate the crap out of her.