Spade Bit Organization!

chewie17

couldn't find any holders for these guys so I decided to make one based off a picture I found online...

I guessed at the majority of the measurements by eyeballing spacing and such, I did however use a square for centering things but overall im please for less than $15 in material and I have lots left to build more with that same $15 lol

ENJOY!

• Like 5

they might never end up there again either however, they started there so it was worth the time to make haha.

and the truck console is going to take a while because I need to decide on a plan for it, I have thoughts but I don't want it to look simple I want it to be easy to make but high quality finish. (no piano hinges basically) so if it goes well ill show it off, if not then no one will know I attempted it so win win

• Like 2

its simple and easy, no need for plans just that picture works. the reason why I did the hole sizing on the front was a quick way to make sure the bit got put in the right spot and if I had say a piece of what I needed to make the hole for say a bolt I found in the garage, just put the bolt up to a hole close and see if it fits, I know that's not always the easiest or effective way to do it but hey it works and makes the piece a little more than just spaces for bits

Hey Chewie, great Idea! I like how you have the holes laid out on one side. Makes it easy to fit the right size hole for your application, just stick the bolt or dowel in the hole that fits and bam, there's your bit. Kinda reminds me of one of my son's wooden block toys.

• Like 1

thanks for all the input and the love, Moitas that was a nice and simple idea that is probably the better suited option for your application with it fitting inside a toolbox. once I buy the Milwaukee chest I will be looking at these pictures again to steal the idea haha.

thanks for all the input and the love, Moitas that was a nice and simple idea that is probably the better suited option for your application with it fitting inside a toolbox. once I buy the Milwaukee chest I will be looking at these pictures again to steal the idea haha.

Thanks Chewie! Really simple, and takes almost no time to put together after you have measured everything so all the drill bits fit. To ahead and copy it. That's why I uploaded the pictures. Sorry about the orientation of the pictures. First time I uploaded pics here so I don't really know why they all got rotated 90 degrees

I really like this idea. I'm always messing around with spade bits when unknown dowel/pipe sizes are involved being paranoid it will be too snug etc. The glory holes in the side let you stick the pole in knowing instantly if it will fit or not. For use in my Milwaukee toolbox I think I might lay your concept on its side at a smallish angle and put the glory hole board in front of the bit holder so you pull the bit out and check the dowel. Just to make it more compact. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

couldn't find any holders for these guys so I decided to make one based off a picture I found online...

I guessed at the majority of the measurements by eyeballing spacing and such, I did however use a square for centering things but overall im please for less than $15 in material and I have lots left to build more with that same $15 lol

ENJOY!

I picked up some bits a week or so ago and have been trying to figure out where to put them.  I think I just found my project for tomorrow.  Thanks for the idea!!

• Like 1

It looks really good, I love those Daredevil spade bits I drilled maybe a hundred holes with 7/8" the other day with no problem.

the bits are never the issue with drilling holes its finding the right drill to get 100 holes out of say 1 battery.

I find the bits to do well in certain situations, I would use them for rough framing where a fairly clean hole isn't needed because I do find the tear out from them to be rather excessive. however they get the job done quick