M12 Hammer Drill - For Automotive?

berlok

Hey Guys,

I'm not much of a handyman, but trying to pick up a  thing or two.

I currently have a M12 Hammer Drill and was wondering if there is a potential to use it for bolts/lug nuts for my car, I currently have a loose seat in the car which could be easily fixed by hand.. But hey since I have a power tool and if I can use it, why not?

An Impact Wrench seems really handy, but not sure if it's worth the money since I don't use my tools often.

Cheers

Hammer drills are for masonry drilling the impact movement is up and drown which doesn't help with breaking away nuts. Impact drivers with a socket adapter or a dedicated impact wrench is the tool your looking for to do those kinds of tasks your asking. If you can give ups a general budget on what you want to spend plenty of people here will send you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anything between 100-150USD would be ideal if I was going to fork some cash out.

It sounds like investing in an Impact Driver is more versatile since I can use it in the house as well.

What would I sacrificing if I went with an Impact Driver with a Socket Adapter compared to getting an Impact Wrench? 

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anything between 100-150USD would be ideal if I was going to fork some cash out.

It sounds like investing in an Impact Driver is more versatile since I can use it in the house as well.

What would I sacrificing if I went with an Impact Driver with a Socket Adapter compared to getting an Impact Wrench?

You would sacrifice a little torque going with an adapter.

The M12 Fuel impact usually runs about $169 for the kit ($119 bare tool) and is a strong little impact. It also has two speeds which is really handy when you are working with smaller screws. That is the tool I would recommend. I have used mine with an adapter to remove lugs on a utility trailer before and it didn't have any trouble. These are probably torqued to 75-80 ft lbs. You are not going to be able to pull lugs off of an F450 but it should work for a lot of light duty lugs.

Well, I still think it was the right decision to let Berlok buy it from you, even if he didn't. Cause it wasn't a tool I needed per say, more of a tool that I wanted lol. So congrats to whoever bought the 2656. When your ready to sell your sawzall let me know, I might be more eager to buy that. ;)

LOL! Not planning on selling the sawzall anytime soon. I decided to sell some of my duplicates so I could purchase different tools. I ended up with 4 multi tools and 3 impacts drivers. I put two multi tools in the classifieds.