One mans junk is my treasure...new to me snap on tools

WeldfabNeil

When getting tires for my truck I saw a brand new looking snap on tool box. Biggest one I've saw in person for a Individual mechanic. The guy said the guy who got it loves showing it off. A few minutes later I am looking at every drawer. It was nice an all till he told me he spent 30k on box alone. The guy was real nice an all, Deffintly smart in some stuff. He sorta confused me thoe because he is broke an needs to pay bills. He also sold tools for almost pennies on the dollar because there so filthy it's embarrassing. Wait i was just told you need more money to pay your bills but you are going to buy a new wrench cause the old one works but just greasy. Am I the only one confused by that?

Well guys I paid 800 for the tools shown....

I think there still pretty clean compared to my other tools.

I remember snap-on had a slogan..."there is a difference" I know around $300 more on average......

Never heard it but it makes me laugh.

I even have a hard time justifying the purchase as used. Still not 100% sure if ime gonna keep or re sell. I will probably keep them but it's like man it's a lot of green.

Never heard it but it makes me laugh.

I even have a hard time justifying the purchase as used. Still not 100% sure if ime gonna keep or re sell. I will probably keep them but it's like man it's a lot of green.

keep em bro, you got a deal there! even the Matco half moon wrenches aren't cheap...when you buy Snap-on for a deal hang onto them!

I guess what 1 considers a deal, other still consider a rip off.

I wouldn't quite say it was a deal of a lifetime but it still priced reasonably well.

As I was waiting for them to finish my tires I looked on my phone for the prices off snap ons website. Matco I didn't look at but as beuark1 said there not cheap either. I Deffintly didn't just shell over the money.