Found this proto breaker bar in gramps car

Bigmikez

That's pretty cool man. Was he a tool guy or did he just happen to have it in the car?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

. My gramps was the neighorhood mechanic back in the day he used to have a nova that got stolen with all his mechanics tools man I still remember how sad he was when that happen they did find the car but of course the tools were gone :/ he has a couple tools left but he kinda lost the heart for them when his car got stolen I really wanna go through all his tools but he has them all around the house lol

That's cool. I have the same one I think. It's a long 1/2 drive. Sweet Chevy truck in the background too.

yo Nicholas!! Yea he's had that truck forever I painted that truck for him when I first got into painting and body work in 2007 and its held up well but he uses it for everything man that truck is way stronger than my truck lol! He loves his trucks cus he don't have to smog them anymore

. My gramps was the neighorhood mechanic back in the day he used to have a nova that got stolen with all his mechanics tools man I still remember how sad he was when that happen they did find the car but of course the tools were gone :/ he has a couple tools left but he kinda lost the heart for them when his car got stolen I really wanna go through all his tools but he has them all around the house lol

Man that really sucks. Hate that it happened to him more so that it caused him to lose the love. It is cool to know though that your tool love runs in the family.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yo Nicholas!! Yea he's had that truck forever I painted that truck for him when I first got into painting and body work in 2007 and its held up well but he uses it for everything man that truck is way stronger than my truck lol! He loves his trucks cus he don't have to smog them anymore

What does it have for an engine? My dad has a 73 gmc that he has had since high school. It has a 454 in it and it kicks like a mule. Our work truck is an 80 one ton, last year of that front end. It has a 454 with a four speed and it hauls our 24ft flatbed gooseneck with no problem. We have hauled 20,000 pounds with it before and it still does it much easier than you would think. What is cool is it came from the dealer where my engines teacher worked, there is a good chance he worked on it when it got to the dealer.

Man Nicholas good question I k ow he's swapped out the motor a few times when I visit him tomarrow I will look under the hood my gramps was always finding something to do to his cars my grandma was always mad at him for being out there so much but he's calmed down a lot as if the past years. I just know that laughs at my truck for being under powered lol!

Man Nicholas good question I k ow he's swapped out the motor a few times when I visit him tomarrow I will look under the hood my gramps was always finding something to do to his cars my grandma was always mad at him for being out there so much but he's calmed down a lot as if the past years. I just know that laughs at my truck for being under powered lol!

Your truck is a 99 and up Silverado isn't it? It should be close to 300 hp if it has the 5.3. The thing I don't like about the new gas tricks is that the peak torque is way too high in the rev range. Something like a big block or gen 1 or 2 small block will have peak torque much lower.

I understand your gramps feelings. I used to have a huge set of toolboxes (MAC) filled to the brim with tools of all kinds. I was out of town and someone decided they would relieve me of most of them. Never did have the interest in them that I used to after that.

. Man it's crazy me and my gramps were just talking about it today he was talking about all his USA made craftsmans and snap ons he still has a older snap on that I got fixed by my buddy/snap on guy Steve he said he hadn't seen those in awhile I'll post pic soon of that one. He told me that's why he gave up mechanic work cus those damn druggies took all his specialty tools and he was just lost it...really sucks..