Table on sliding compound miter saw is froze

Vic

The table is either aluminum or magnesium, not sure, but it has seen some weather. I had a cover on it while outside, but a storm blew it off and the saw got wet. Sometime later the swivel table froze, and I have not found anything that will free it. I've taken it apart as much as possible and tried WD-40 for days to no avail. Any ideas?

What a pain. I had a miter saw that i left outside for a while and it ruined the saw. All the metal pitted and wouldn't slide right. I tried to take it apart and fix it, but it just kept coming back. My guess is the same thing happened to yours. Why miter saws are a lot better no a days, they still use steel on parts of the table. There are even different types of stainless steel. My on recommendation is to try and take it apart more to see if you can see the lever that locks the table in place. Maybe you have some rust or something in there that built up and is stopping the table from oving.

I am afraid my saw is also ruined. I can't tell for sure, but I think the lock is free, You can hear a clunk when moving the lever. It seems that the two parts of the table are fused to each other like they are welded together.