Soo yesterday

torontotoolman

So yesterday i was at lowes with my son just wasting time well my wife was looking at marshals anyway i found a dalluge hammer and really wanted to buy it now im skeptical about wooden handled hammers but i know a lot of framers who swear by them but im also waiting out for a stiletto tbone2 but close to 300 for that and the dalluge was 137 so kinda big price difference but what really stoped me was that fact i bought a new occidental leather pouch and hammer holster on the saterday oh well what can you do

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So yesterday i was at lowes with my son just wasting time well my wife was looking at marshals anyway i found a dalluge hammer and really wanted to buy it now im skeptical about wooden handled hammers but i know a lot of framers who swear by them but im also waiting out for a stiletto tbone2 but close to 300 for that and the dalluge was 137 so kinda big price difference but what really stoped me was that fact i bought a new occidental leather pouch and hammer holster on the saterday oh well what can you do

I think it's preference I like the feel of a wooden handle hammer, I like the top heavy weight especially for a framing hammer, becomes down to what you feel comfortable working with.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, those are some pricey hammers.  I am going to assume that if you use them everyday though and that is your lively hood it is more justifiable.  I'll just stick with my Estwing for now, it is at the top end of my price range for a hammer!  So as a guy that uses a hammer maybe a couple times a week is all, why are the stilletto's so pricey?  I have never used one, so I am curious to know what the differences are between say a stilleto and an Estwing since I have one as a reference.

I had a college teacher that used a stilleto.... He had the one with the changeable face it had a side nail puller, light weight and that's about it.... I have an estwing and I also have a side nail puller and its still fairly light so I don't see why I would spend that much on a stilleto

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Wow, those are some pricey hammers. I am going to assume that if you use them everyday though and that is your lively hood it is more justifiable. I'll just stick with my Estwing for now, it is at the top end of my price range for a hammer! So as a guy that uses a hammer maybe a couple times a week is all, why are the stilletto's so pricey? I have never used one, so I am curious to know what the differences are between say a stilleto and an Estwing since I have one as a reference.

Stilettos are basically the standard for framers really plus you get what you pay for bassically a hammer that will last you a long time life time warranty plus its good for your elbow if your swinging an estwing all day your elbows gonna be fucked after years plus the stilettos swing really nice and there are the cheaper stilettos like a woode. One and fiber glass one but the tibone is really the standard plus solid one peice frame and side pry but ya i really want a tibone stiletto just gotta save up but ya im swinging a shitty dewalt and i hate it

Stilettos are basically the standard for framers really plus you get what you pay for bassically a hammer that will last you a long time life time warranty plus its good for your elbow if your swinging an estwing all day your elbows gonna be fucked after years plus the stilettos swing really nice and there are the cheaper stilettos like a woode. One and fiber glass one but the tibone is really the standard plus solid one peice frame and side pry but ya i really want a tibone stiletto just gotta save up but ya im swinging a shitty dewalt and i hate it

So it's more of balance and feel thing then?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So it's more of balance and feel thing then?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ya they are 16 oz but swing like a 22 oz great balance and wont wear on your elbow wrist there bassically an all around great hammer and yes pricey but if you are using it everyday it does bassically pay for its self its just forking up the money lol thats the hard part