Dw 745 table saw

abynemsdad

It's a great saw. I had one and now I own the DW7480. I would recommend the DW7480 because it has a bigger rip capacity of 24" vs the 20" for the 745. The best part about the these saws is the rack and pinion fence. It is very accurate, quick and easy to set your cut capacity.

I looked at it since my buddy has one, then I researched into the upgraded DWE7491 and discovered it had better features like accessories storage, more blade RPM, ability to do dado, and has a nice optional rolling stand. My buddy now asks me to use mine when we're on the job together. 

The saw is extremely accurate (out of the box for me) and cuts clean and fast, punching well above it's belt comparable to fancy, stationary table saws. I recommend it 100%. 

745 is a Great, portable lightweight Saw.. It can come on a RS (Rolling Stand) here in Europe, and over here it has had a 'rolling' change (update) to give a 24" or 610mm rip cut, along with an updated fence etc.. 

Yes, it doesn't cope with the Capacity for Dado blades (stacked blades) but in Europe at least, that is mainly down to the legalities of electric brake requirements on the motor...

The problem with the stack here is the arbor is too short. I have a TS for breaking down the sheet goods and will, when I move into a larger shop, get a SawStop but the 745 is fantastic for what I am using it for and could not ask for a better machine....for the price point! I picked this over the Bosch because they expanded the rip width and the awesome fence.