Dewalt 40V XR Mower - Where is it?

BigJack

I’m a big fan of my Dewalt 40V XR tools.  The string trimmer and blower are a perfect fit for my needs.  Last weekend, my old gas lawn mower took a dirt nap, and I was ready to drop some coin on Dewalt’s 40V mower (sight unseen and totally based on how happy I am with the other tools) BUT there is no Dewalt 40V mower?  Seems like a gaping hole in their outdoor tool strategy!  The next best thing to me looks like the EGO mower, but I don’t want to invest in a whole new battery system or in a product that is only sold by Home Depot.  I know the 40V tools only came out in March of 2015, and am wondering if I should expect more tools to be released this March?  Seems like there would be a press release or an unveiling at an equipment show to preview the product before general availability.  

Does anyone here have a line on Dewalt’s product roll-out cycle for the 40V gear?   My lawn is getting taller...

• Like 1

Black and Decker has a cordless snowblower out. They are not really promoting it though. I think it came too late in the season to be worth marketing this year. A cordless snowblower would be a nice future addition though.

Is that on their 40v platform or do they have a different voltage platform?

I have "tweeted"@Dewalt many times, and also on all their outdoor YouTube Videos inquiring about a mower.  This spring, we are going to get some of their outdoor offerings, including that awesome chainsaw. 

There's a chainsaw coming out this spring?  Isn't it already out? http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCCS690M1-Lithium-Brushless-Chainsaw/dp/B014A0MO0E

Can you confirm that a mower will be part of that outdoor offering?

I emailed Dewalt to see what's up and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting us.  At this time we have no plans to offer a 40v XR lawn mower. I apologize if this causes you any inconvenience. Please check back with us in the future for new products. "

That's either a canned statement or a total bummer!  If you're in the market for outdoor tools and only want a single battery system / fuel type, you may want to look at other manufacturers.

There's a chainsaw coming out this spring?  Isn't it already out? http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCCS690M1-Lithium-Brushless-Chainsaw/dp/B014A0MO0E

Can you confirm that a mower will be part of that outdoor offering?

Sorry, I meant I have to wait till spring before I make the purchases. TIA did a couple of In-Action videos of the chainsaw, including a professional tree service.