Bosch gts1031 as only table saw?

rrich1

Anybody have one for their home saw? I recently bought a kobalt table saw but haven't opened it yet. I was wondering if the Bosch would be that much better or actually worse. I know the Bosch has a lesser right side rip capacity. The kobalt comes with the stand built in and has an outfeed support as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Bosch 4100 10 inch worksite table saw with Gravity Rise Stand would be more comparable to the Kobalt than the 1031. I've used the 4100 and it is a great little unit.  The gts1031 is more for the person who needs to be on the move a lot.

The Kobalt seems to be about half the price of the Bosch.....big difference.  At $279, that seems to be a huge deal for what you would get.  I haven't used that model, but if I were you, I would take a chance on it and try it out.  If you are not satisfied with it in the first week or two, you could always take it back.

You can get outfeed and side support tables for the Bosch 4100, but they are at additional cost.

If you go with the Kobalt, I would love to hear what you think of it. 

Rich I don't have the Bosch, I bought the DW745 Dewalt after a lot of research. I would add after looking at the stats it appears you got a good machine! I like the Bosch but....18" Rip right side. Kobalt.....30" right, 14" left. Both take Dados. Kobalt has a three year warranty vs. One year. I would love to hear your thoughts but I think you got the better machine. And I love Bosch tools.

So I am thinking of returning the kobalt for either this craftsman, http://m.craftsman.com/craftsman-10inch-jobsite-table-saw/p-00914258000P

Or this Porter cable

http://m.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-15-Amp-10-in-Table-Saw/50146380

Something that bugs me about the kobalt is that the saw looks to be built into the stand. Meaning modifying it if I were to make a larger base at some point for it.

Maybe not really on topic but i have a legal question on returning things in the us.

Do you have the legal right to return an item for its full price in the US? Or is this a service the chains like home depot offer ? And do you get full price refund then on an used item ? Thank you for helping me :)

I think that would be a state issue kornomaniac but HD and Lowes and most stores will allow a full refund with receipt if returned within a certain time frame but here in New Hampshire there is no law, it's buyer beware. Most stores offer this policy for customer service.

Maybe not really on topic but i have a legal question on returning things in the us.

Do you have the legal right to return an item for its full price in the US? Or is this a service the chains like home depot offer ? And do you get full price refund then on an used item ? Thank you for helping me :)

First I haven't opened mine yet so it is still brand new in box.

If you have a receipt you will get your money back that you paid for it usually 90 days from purchase. After that it'll most likely be store credit even with receipt. If you don't have a receipt it'll be the current price of the product and store credit.

I think kornomaniac was just asking because he's from out of Country and they have different policies. I guess all in all were pretty lucky because was have exactly that ability rich! I forgot the no receipt thing at HD and Lowes, that's pretty sweet. Why are you thinking about dumping the Kobalt for another contractor saw?

I think kornomaniac was just asking because he's from out of Country and they have different policies. I guess all in all were pretty lucky because was have exactly that ability rich! I forgot the no receipt thing at HD and Lowes, that's pretty sweet. Why are you thinking about dumping the Kobalt for another contractor saw?

I'm fine with the asking. I wasnt sure if it came across correct that mine was still unopened. [emoji1]

I'm very indecisive! I was at Lowes last week and the saw seemed small compared to the Porter cable. I know the kobalt has a 30" rip. I feel if I was going to cut something that big I would use a circular saw and guide to cut a board that big.

The kobalt saw is built into the stand and am unsure if I like that or not. It seems to be a carbon copy of the delta saw which I feel bad that going for it though.

You know Ridgid's contractor saw has gotten really good reviews too. Plus the LSA of you register it. I mean....hey! If your having second thoughts I may as well add some more confusion to your decision making process!!! I thank you very much!!!!!