Maktia vacuum pump

JMG

I wish that sometimes the USA could be a test market for tools like this;

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kikaiyasan/item/10005864/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

I think the pump would be awesome for a vacuum veneer press. I could use it for both wood veneer and carbon fiber projects. Not certain if it would make the grade in the HVAC industry though.

• Like 1

Yeah, it would need to last several hours to do a proper evacuation on a home or larger scale air conditioning system. But they do show pictures of it hooked a min split heat pump, the battery lasts 50 minutes, that's not enough time, how is this supposed to work though, now I'm curious

Couldn't you add a check valve to the line and switch out the battery when needed?

If I were to use it on a press, I would add a check to the line along with a bypass ahead of the vacuum gauge, so as to minimize the run time of the pump.

No, definitely want a manual valve, don't want to rely on a check valve, but you have a point, that could be done. 

Another thing I suppose it would work on is smaller systems like fridges, but those items are throw away things anymore.

Also automotive as well.

very interesting no less, is that Japanese? They're always coming out with different things, including their tv shows, wow

I would also test this as a replacement for an air powered unit on a vertical vacuum panel lift I developed for personal use after an accident left me without the use of one of my arms for more than a year, quite some time ago. The air powered unit was limited to fixed locations and required extensive plumbing on the beam trolly that I had set up to cover the main work area. Something like this could have helped with some of those issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...