DeWalt Router DW618B3 Thoughts?

comp56

well if you haven't noticed I'm not a DeWalt guy, don't own many DeWalt tools at all but this has come to my attention for a possible good deal what are your thoughts on this kit. I have 4 routers now all various HP from a 1/2HP to 3 1/4HP production router, just wondering if this is worth getting for my collection....

dr.jpg

I have two of the kits because I liked them so much. The D handle really come in handy.

The only issue I have is the soft start. It's so soft, it can be a nuisance. Often times, I pull the trigger and my reaction is so quick that I find myself releasing the trigger, thinking the router isn't powering on.

• Like 1

So how do you use all of the different routers comp?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

one is free hand, one is in my bench table, one is for trimming , and one is on my custom 36" circle jig so I can cut a 6 foot diameter

and I want to build an elliptical jig. why you ask so many routers, because most of the time they have bits in them for the job at hand and this way I don't have to stop and change bits...

one is free hand, one is in my bench table, one is for trimming , and one is on my custom 36" circle jig so I can cut a 6 foot diameter

and I want to build an elliptical jig. why you ask so many routers, because most of the time they have bits in them for the job at hand and this way I don't have to stop and change bits...

Gotcha. I'm slowly putting together a wood shop so I was kind of curious. I have been looking at trim routers since I figure for what I would like to do, it would at least get me started.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk