Everyday fix-it tool bag

khariV

The other day, I was had the misfortune of setting down my tool bag near a leak I was getting ready to fix. Needless to say, everything inside was slightly damp from a mist caused by the dripping water. Luckily, I had my electrics out so they were spared. I had to take everything out to dry it out, so I figured it was the perfect time to take a "here's what's in my tool bag" picture. I know there's another thread for electrician work bag, but this is a general, everyday, fix crap around the house sort of tool bag.

c2e6df4308ce27f6086929f35226e477.jpg09e3712ce13406f601af159a3e0cbd16.jpg

5907fa841fa9a3e7a0b5d8da30f20121.jpg

7b7f32788b401ec38e70f3bb49d19077.jpg

I know there's far too much stuff in it for a pro to walk around with every day, but I'm definitely not a pro and the farthest I've got to carry it is up 4 flights of stairs.

So what does everyone else have in their go-to, general work tool bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

You know kdv. I'm in the same boat as you. The bag I was I could get is the veto pro pack tech pac backpack. On my wish list because of the price $250.00. So in the mean time I was looking at the Home Depot. But will watch these thread to see if there is an good alternative. Thanks for posting.

You know kdv. I'm in the same boat as you. The bag I was I could get is the veto pro pack tech pac backpack. On my wish list because of the price $250.00. So in the mean time I was looking at the Home Depot. But will watch these thread to see if there is an good alternative. Thanks for posting.

Haha. You and me both. I regularly stare at the OT-XL, wondering how to justify it when my Husky bag fits all of my stuff and just refuses to rip, break or otherwise give me some excuse to replace it.

• Like 1

Awesome set there, how's the fuel screw driver? I've often thought about upgrading but I'm not sure if it's really worth the upgrade, if I need the extra Torque I just grab the impact

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was my very first M12 and its tied for my favorite tool. It's got the cojones to sink pocket screws in oak but still clutch out so I don't overdrive the fastener. I use it all the time for anything that has a pre-drilled hole. Don't get me wrong, the impact is awesome, but sometimes it's a bit too easy to overdrive a fastener, especially in soft wood or on pre-made stuff I have to put together.

Haha. You and me both. I regularly stare at the OT-XL, wondering how to justify it when my Husky bag fits all of my stuff and just refuses to rip, break or otherwise give me some excuse to replace it.

I have the XL bag, but I got it for $180 at one of our wholesale vendors, 2 years ago, they were moving shelves around or cleaning the carpet I don't remember exactly, so I walked in at the right time and they have me $50 off. Best one I've ever owned

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was my very first M12 and its tied for my favorite tool. It's got the cojones to sink pocket screws in oak but still clutch out so I don't overdrive the fastener. I use it all the time for anything that has a pre-drilled hole. Don't get me wrong, the impact is awesome, but sometimes it's a bit too easy to overdrive a fastener, especially in soft wood or on pre-made stuff I have to put together.

Yes I know what you're saying. For home use, I recently picked up from Chrisk, a really sweet hilti 12v 3 piece kit. That is perfect driving screws in most home situations. And it is small and light. Now I love my m12's but they are for the shop. And hilti being red doesn't make me feel that bad when I see them lol. My normal grab bag is a little Ryobi multi drill/driver kit I've had for a while. And now with the hiltis is way too small. So I picked up a husky 3-pack of bags but I need to go back and look for that bigger one. I think it's the one you have.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I generally just grab the tools I need out of my tool box and toss them in one of the tool bags I have. I've been thinking about getting one of the Milwaukee electricians pouches lately. This thread may be the inspiration I need to finally do it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nice selection brother, When I originally got my Ridgid stack it was for this purpose Stuff id use around the house often,so I just pull out of there whatever I need at the time.

Ive wanted a veto pack for ages just never got around to paying that dough. Honestly for me a belt and some decent pouches are probably better,with the way my old back injury is it gets hard to lug around heavy bags in the hands.  Plus I do alot of work on my wifes grandparents house so anythying I can do to make that easier is a win. I generally take way more than whats needed because you never know what else might be asked or missed what have you.

I had the same dilemma, my Husky bag was just awesome. At some point I just said screw it, I want it, so I got the Veto Tech XL. I don't wanna say life changing, but......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I had the same dilemma, my Husky bag was just awesome. At some point I just said screw it, I want it, so I got the Veto Tech XL. I don't wanna say life changing, but......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of the Tech XL fully loaded? Curious to see how it looks

The other day, I was had the misfortune of setting down my tool bag near a leak I was getting ready to fix. Needless to say, everything inside was slightly damp from a mist caused by the dripping water. Luckily, I had my electrics out so they were spared. I had to take everything out to dry it out, so I figured it was the perfect time to take a "here's what's in my tool bag" picture. I know there's another thread for electrician work bag, but this is a general, everyday, fix crap around the house sort of tool bag. c2e6df4308ce27f6086929f35226e477.jpg09e3712ce13406f601af159a3e0cbd16.jpg5907fa841fa9a3e7a0b5d8da30f20121.jpg7b7f32788b401ec38e70f3bb49d19077.jpg

I know there's far too much stuff in it for a pro to walk around with every day, but I'm definitely not a pro and the farthest I've got to carry it is up 4 flights of stairs.

So what does everyone else have in their go-to, general work tool bag?

Only thing your missing is duck tape!! Very nice bag setup. I love that husky table too.