Bosch or Porter Cable router combo?

taylorv1

I have the EU version of the "Bosch MRC23EVSK" , and it is great. Awesome grip and control. Powerfull motor with low vibrations, good soft start and generally no troubles. Gold contracts, good, long, solid and soft cable, nice speed control, and very stable RPM with varying load. 

Awesome with possibility to adjust distance from underside (don't need this expensive function on the router table).

Could get a better/stable plunge measurement (distance). Nothing major and problematic, but is not as detailed/accurate as the micrometer adjustor. 

I'd say the bosch is a very solid choice at least. :) 

• Like 1

I'd almost say go with the PC but....only if you were looking at the more powerful motor. I have the 1617 Bosch and love it. I would add the Bosch has a faster speed however the PC has one handed bit replacement as opposed to using two wrenches. I guess what I'm saying, either one will be a great machine.

• Like 1

I have been considering the Milwaukee 5616. I already have 2 PC and a Craftsman plus a Harbor freight trim router that is actually a decent tool for $20. I like the grip on the Milwaukee and the adjustment setup.