Best or favorite Electricians hand tools

noops

48 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I just got a PB Swiss screw driver off amazon awhile back only a #2 phillips but its been my go to hand screw driver for some reason. It might not have the best hand feel but it feels solid.

I love the steel on the PB Swiss but I wish their handles were thicker.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BMack37 said:

A lot of the new drives are great but I wish they'd just adopt one universally. Slotted is crap, phillips is manageable but it still sucks, hex is terrible for the reasons you mentioned. Torx is great for low torque but can get pretty crappy at high torque, Robertson is probably my favorite.

When there's a brand where I can buy singles at about the same cost as buying a set, I will generally only buy 1 or 2 slotted...but if I can get 2 extra slotted for free or less, I'm buying the set.

I used to agree with you on phillips until I started using PH3 deck screws.  I don't think it's a problem with the drive as people trying to use PH2 for applications that warrant PH3.  That said, if every fastener in the world suddenly became internal square or external hex I'd be pretty happy.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I used to agree with you on phillips until I started using PH3 deck screws.  I don't think it's a problem with the drive as people trying to use PH2 for applications that warrant PH3.  That said, if every fastener in the world suddenly became internal square or external hex I'd be pretty happy.

Also JIS and Phillips create an issue with stripping.

I just got a PB Swiss screw driver off amazon awhile back only a #2 phillips but its been my go to hand screw driver for some reason. It might not have the best hand feel but it feels solid.

I really like the handles on my PB Swiss screwdrivers probably more than any other brand I've got. Now, I don't work on anything greasy, so that might be a consideration for some, but for me the handles have a great feel.

• 3 years later...