Moving a giant dumbstruck

JimboS1ice

2 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I love me a 379. It's a shame that it has a CAT motor though. I really wanna run a lowboy that size someday. I love running a lowboy.

Those old peterbilts do look pretty darn good. I don't really care for the looks of a modern semi much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Ya exactly, whats going on with all these dinkie lights now days? I thought headlights were supposed to get better on all vehicles, now days they are making them look sleaker and bug like. Its like, there is only so many lumens you can push out from a reflector like that lol. What happened to the old days when things just made sense?

A lot of newer cars and trucks have a projector lens anymore. A lot of aftermarket housings have them too.

Finally got a chance to watch this, man that is incredible. I had heard that the only way they transport these were to disassemble them, guess that has changed! ...or maybe that's the even larger dump trucks, I've never paid enough attention to know model numbers.

Actually, I think what I'm thinking of is the Cat 797, thanks Google!

Yo homie what you talkin about? I tell you what yo talkin about. Yo want to get a real low rider, like a magnet you attract her. But this is modern day and she uses her phone to follow you on twitter, even though your sitting right beside her. You say honey, you don't need a phone to talk to me, and she says, shit yo this shit aint real unless I make it public.

By now she's also added you on facebook, she changed her status to, oh shit this is getting hot and heavy, all the sudden her 300 friends come to your facebook page. Now everyone knows about you dating, and it only took 5 seconds, for her that was an orgasm, for you, well, your going to need a little more time getting over the stress of 300 friends knowing all about your shit.

Lesson learned, don't date a woman unless your ready for the real low ride of your life

I ain't talking' no woman. I'm talking a three axle Kenworth Icon W900 with an ISX15 Cummins, twin turbo, water injection, full emissions system delete talking about no DEF DPF EGR no cats no nothing. Get it all reprogrammed. Slap in an 18 speed. Three 4.11 axles and a drop down steer axle all polished aluminum. Fully airbagged and lowered. Chromed out to the teeth. Red white and blue CB antennas. Sleeper. Chromed frame rails and diamond plate frame cover. Loud ass Jake that will get girls giggling three lanes over and five miles down the road. Talking bout hella amber lights. Bull bar. Satin black. Chrome visor. Bull horns on the hood. Twin 8" miter cut stacks. A nice ole' sleeper for some truck stop and chill. Full length lowboy in a polished gunmetal grey, brand new deck, three rear axles with Oregon/Idaho/Cali/Washington legal spread. A massive wet kit with dual lift jacks on the trailer. Talking about enough amber strobes to blind Helen Keller twice, bring her back from the dead and give zombie Keller seizures. I'll take one over some internet floozies any day all day.

• Like 3

I gotta say the new T880s and internationals loom pretty sexy. There are some sweet CAT trucks too. The 389 would be just as nice as the 379 if you swapped the dinky looking headlights. e8a8ae347725cbac28bd02c608677d7e.jpgcdd64f74c0d7b3a24d8fe01ae94e9544.jpg365b563690120e42daae68b99568e393.jpgbdf5de55ae8a7faf12b4231f60ffc1e2.jpg

I've seen a few internationals in the road they really catch the eye.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdd64f74c0d7b3a24d8fe01ae94e9544.jpg

I don't normally see ones that big around here, that rig must be designed for pulling 25 ton loads or more!

Those are all you see on the other side of the mountains. Everybody is rolling across the scales weighing 52.5 tons. Shoot I've ran around in a day cab freightliner Columbia with a POS underpowered Mercedes-Benz motor in it that would take a hill at 15mph loaded to 54 or more tons (let's just keep that number between us (; ) I mean you'd have to kick down all the way from tenth to third. That's what happens when you have 8000+ gallons of sandy liquid.

• Like 1