Newest Project Complete...

taylorv1

Just now, Dano123 said:

Looks good. We have 8 dogs currently, we had 10 (we had a litter of 8 almost 11 years ago and kept them). Here is a 3 bed frame I made several years ago.f7a956fc81fb7c5d1bb6359c7c4b5e4f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very Cool. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

I like taylor's better lol!

That frame looks excellent, the bed looks comfy enough I would even use it. What finish did you use on this? What type of joinery did you use at each corner?

Thanks for sharing yourself!

I torched the wood. I put a Golden Oak Watco Stain, and did a final finish of Lemon Oil. The Back pieces are pocket holed together. The corners are screwed in from the sides, then covered up.

• Like 1

I like taylor's better lol!

That frame looks excellent, the bed looks comfy enough I would even use it. What finish did you use on this? What type of joinery did you use at each corner?

Thanks for sharing yourself!

I wasn't trying to compete. His is very nice.

That looks incredible! Great job on both of those guys!

Better than I did for my dog. He liked sitting in my chair when I wasn't so when I replaced my chair with a La-Z-Boy, I just gave him the old chair and made a rule that he wasn't allowed in the recliner. I just put a dog blanket on it so I can wash it every couple of weeks. People think I'm weird for making deals with my dog but he understands, traded him a chair so he didn't sit in my new chair. I even made a deal with him that if he stopped fighting during his bath that he gets to sleep in the "big bed." He hasn't fought once since, he just stands there...then that night he walks up to my bed and waits to be picked up, while normally he just sleeps in his chair. This is why dogs are awesome.

• Like 4

That looks incredible! Great job on both of those guys!

Better than I did for my dog. He liked sitting in my chair when I wasn't so when I replaced my chair with a La-Z-Boy, I just gave him the old chair and made a rule that he wasn't allowed in the recliner. I just put a dog blanket on it so I can wash it every couple of weeks. People think I'm weird for making deals with my dog but he understands, traded him a chair so he didn't sit in my new chair. I even made a deal with him that if he stopped fighting during his bath that he gets to sleep in the "big bed." He hasn't fought once since, he just stands there...then that night he walks up to my bed and waits to be picked up, while normally he just sleeps in his chair. This is why dogs are awesome.

They understand they really do, pretty funny sometimes their reaction when you tell them something sometimes.

• Like 1

It is amazing how much they understand. When ours were about 6 months old they learned to use the water dispenser on our frig like a drinking fountain! They would also eat ice cubes from it too if we left it on ice. 5a95b45f73c26ee44b033821c756cce6.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dano123 said:

It is amazing how much they understand. When ours were about 6 months old they learned to use the water dispenser on our frig like a drinking fountain! They would also eat ice cubes from it too if we left it on ice. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's hilarious!

When my little guy went blind in December, I had to teach the old dog what left and right was so I can guide him when walking. He's 9 years old, you can teach old dogs new tricks!

• Like 2