Lowboyin'

Stercorarius

So some of you may or may have not noticed that I haven't been very active on the forum lately. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the crew. Between work and school I've had zero time for the forum. They just changed everyone's job descriptions as we make the transition from winter to spring and everything is quickly ramping up into full bore planting and prep for harvest mode at work. I try to make time for you guys, but you'll probably only hear from me once or twice a week until next winter when I have time again. I figured I'd share a video with the crew. I was dropping off a tractor in some field that I hauled on the lowboy because I had no way to get back if I just ran the tractor on the road. I had to wait for the other guy who was roading a tractor with the planter to give him a ride back and figured I'd use the time to show you guys how an old school lowboy works. I apologize for the crappy cinematography, but at least it isn't a vertical video.

The steel plates under the legs shim it up so I get slightly more ground clearance which really saves me when I go off road as a slight variation in the ground will high center the trailer. 

20160402_134115 (2).jpg20160402_134051 (2).jpg

Just in case you aren't sure what is going on with the door/mirror I smudged the company name and part of the mirror out of the picture before I uploaded it, It isn't just a dirty door and oddly mounted mirror.

• Like 2

I get it I see the shims you're talking about, makes sense. When does your day end?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My day ends whenever I finish. I'm not trying to be a smarta**. It really varies on what I do. Some days I finish by 5 and some days we finish at 1am. It really depends on what I am in the middle of doing. Right now I'm usually getting done before 7, but then I have my online classes I have to do until I fall asleep. In the summer when we start in on first and second cutting there will almost never be any going home before dark. I was just reassigned to be doing different work as the guy I worked with doing "keep places from falling over work" was promoted to farm manager so it will be an interesting couple of weeks for me to see how this new deal works out because they are also limiting my presence on the Livestock end of things.

• Like 1

I figured as much, growing up on a farm myself, I was wondering about today, if you have to get a certain number of tractors delivered for today?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nah, I have sundays off so I have all day to spend on the forum.

• Like 1