The new service van

KnarlyCarl

I'm really digging the new work trucks......

my new to me truck about 6 months now, much better than my old one,.... however if a Bounce House and a Dump Truck had a baby, it would be my work truck. 2008 F350 gas with utility body and dual ladder racks. (Loaded with crap)

• Like 2

my new to me truck about 6 months now, much better than my old one,.... however if a Bounce House and a Dump Truck had a baby, it would be my work truck. 2008 F350 gas with utility body and dual ladder racks. (Loaded with crap)

I'm getting a new van tomorrow evening I think. It's supposed to be delivered from San Antonio tomorrow. Wish it was a high roof like knarly's but I'll make it work! It's a 2016 Transit 250, long wheelbase, 36,000 miles on it. New enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Foneguy said:

LOL good one

8 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I'm getting a new van tomorrow evening I think. It's supposed to be delivered from San Antonio tomorrow. Wish it was a high roof like knarly's but I'll make it work! It's a 2016 Transit 250, long wheelbase, 36,000 miles on it. New enough!

This one had hail damage, I may have said that somewhere, but apparently, it made a big enough difference to seal the deal 

• Like 1

This one had hail damage, I may have said that somewhere, but apparently, it made a big enough difference to seal the deal 

Yeah whos gonna look at the roof anyway! My buddy who owns an HVAC company here in town got an Amazing deal on 3 highroof promasters after some hail last year.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Jronman said:

@KnarlyCarl hows the new van project coming?

I'm in it completely now, still have a crate or two to sort through.. the old van is sold to a guy that wants to use it for a RV and travel the country!

I'm still modifying things as I go, but no break in work means I only do a little at a time.

I need to label everything with a label maker.

I need to add a pull out shelf for a workbench

still have to button up the ceiling panels and wires for the lights are hanging a little

Loaded up for a radiant tube heater install. Probably my favorite type of heat to install. Love boiler work, too

IMG_20170106_075500274

These yellow bins were from the old van, now moving everything to the blue bins

and those yellow bins were only half of what was in the van...

IMG_20170110_142625138

I just quickly put 1" and 1/2" marks on the top of the shelf above my brass nipples for quick reference

For my black iron nipples, i use a caddy, but brass aren't used as much so i decided against using a caddy for them...

I want to put a permanent tape/ruler here in its place sometime...

IMG_20170110_140340433

Oh and I found this interesting: there's no gas cap, you just push the gas nozzle in from the pump and pump away..

IMG_20161223_181817240

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm in it completely now, still have a crate or two to sort through.. the old van is sold to a guy that wants to use it for a RV and travel the country!

I'm still modifying things as I go, but no break in work means I only do a little at a time.

still have to button up the ceiling panels and wires for the lights are hanging a little

Loaded up for a radiant tube heater install. Probably my favorite type of heat to install. Love boiler work, too

IMG_20170106_075500274

IMG_20170110_142625138

I just quickly put 1" and 1/2" marks on the top of the shelf above my brass nipples for quick reference

For my black iron nipples, i use a caddy, but brass aren't used as much so i decided against using a caddy for them...

IMG_20170110_140340433

Oh and I found this interesting: there's no gas cap, you just push the gas nozzle in from the pump and pump away..

IMG_20161223_181817240

Can barely see the sawzall scars anymore.

31461571054_0a5625f1d7_b.jpg ..

31461573914_b4d1371628_b.jpg ..

32142317512_483fd17bb1_b.jpg ..

31108022614_d9d53c92ac_b.jpg ..

Do you ever have the fuel door catch your jacket as you exit the vehicle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Do you ever have the fuel door catch your jacket as you exit the vehicle.

nope, must be a Texas thing LOL .. then again, it's been less than a month in this so that could easily change.

22 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Can barely see the sawzall scars anymore.

Yes, didn't even think of that til you mentioned it

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Finally got some spare time squeezed in today for the roof rack...

Carried the surge with my new half packs, popped it on my belt, really grateful not having that extra 10oz pulling my pants down haha

IMG_20170221_161420638

IMG_20170221_181447437_HDR

I know those slim packs really are the way to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claeg said:

1. My Great Grandpa was Basinger.

2. I saw a lot of brass. Do you use the many engineered plastic fittings?

That's cool, where you from?

I don't know what you mean by engineered plastic fittings?

I use a lot of pex-a fittings

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

Next thing you need for the van is hydraulics, a flame paint job, 20 in rims, and exhaust whistlers. Coolest work van in town.

Lol there's a guy on Instagram that has a sick van, complete DeWalt color themed, crazy security system the whole works... 

Decked out with wheels, lights, etc