Makita cordless tracksaw

JMG

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Home Depot offers it and maybe one or 2 others. You ordered your flex track saw yet?

Not yet, still undecided on this vs a corded Festool. Or, if I win the lottery, a cordless Festool lol though I hear that has less power than the corded version despite two batteries. 

11 hours ago, Bremon said:

Not yet, still undecided on this vs a corded Festool. Or, if I win the lottery, a cordless Festool lol though I hear that has less power than the corded version despite two batteries. 

Can't speak on that one but I do have the HKC55. If you run the 15v batteries it definitely has less power than the 18v (naturally). For me I can't say I would use the cordless one over the corded (I love my corded) as I use the intergrated DC. I have not tried the cordless track saw though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the street price on the kit is going to be $499 (without track). Also, it will have positive stops at twenty two and a half degrees as well as at forty five degrees, and a pre-cut depth stop for scoring the material. This, to me, is a major advantage over the Dewalt as the DCS520 lacks these features.

The disappointing item is the lack of a dust bag in either the Makita or the Dewalt. I am not seeing any optional parts numbers for either brand.

I may end up buying the Makita so I can compare the cut power of the two.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JMG said:

Looks like the street price on the kit is going to be $499 (without track). Also, it will have positive stops at twenty two and a half degrees as well as at forty five degrees, and a pre-cut depth stop for scoring the material. This, to me, is a major advantage over the Dewalt as the DCS520 lacks these features.

The disappointing item is the lack of a dust bag in either the Makita or the Dewalt. I am not seeing any optional parts numbers for either brand.

I don't think I have ever seen a dust bag for a plunge saw ?

18 hours ago, JMG said:

If I'm not mistaken it has a scoring feature but I could be wrong. 

On 7/31/2017 at 8:45 PM, Jronman said:

If I'm not mistaken it has a scoring feature but I could be wrong. 

If you are talking about the Dewalt, then no there is no preset stop for scoring.

• 1 month later...

I plan on picking one up at some point, but I am not in a great hurry to do so as I am a bit over my budget already this year and will wait for a Makita sale to come around before pulling the trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Current special offer for the kit: Acme Tools has a promotion ongoing for the kit through 31 Jan 2018. Kit plus free track, plus free extra pair of 5.0 batteries...

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/makita-xps01ptj

Currently out of stock, but awful tempting.

Promo has not been posted on the Makita site yet either.