What's up guys, twistedtools checking in!

TwistedTools

So here is the deal, I never was a tool head despite my uncles being engineers and mechanics with their own garages etc. They were mechanical or industrial engineers. My career choice didn't require me learning much about tools until I was caught with out the "right tool for the job" or "this tool was too cheap" too many times deal. Now I'm learning and WANTING to become a tool head. Unfortunately they don't' make quality tools anymore like my grandfather tools so I'll be here asking stupid questions about quality and use. I hope you guys don't mind and forgive me ahead time for my ignorance. I look forward to participating! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TwistedTools said:

So here is the deal, I never was a tool head despite my uncles being engineers and mechanics with their own garages etc. They were mechanical or industrial engineers. My career choice didn't require me learning much about tools until I was caught with out the "right tool for the job" or "this tool was too cheap" too many times deal. Now I'm learning and WANTING to become a tool head. Unfortunately they don't' make quality tools anymore like my grandfather tools so I'll be here asking stupid questions about quality and use. I hope you guys don't mind and forgive me ahead time for my ignorance. I look forward to participating! 

Welcome to the forums!  Your statement about quality tools, while unfortunately true for the most part, is at least somewhat offset by the advantages in safety features, ergonomics, and user-friendliness.  For example, I inherited an old metal-cased drill from my dad that just screams of electrocution and broken wrists.  I'll gladly use one of my newfangled drills instead of it! 

Nice to have you here.  You came to the right place.  We have all kinds of people here.  People who are just starting out and learning and then there are those guys who blow your mind with knowledge.  The cool thing is everyone is awesome and helpful, no matter what their background is.