Makita 10” 36v or FlexVolt 12”

marsh942

I did the opposite sold the flexvolt got the cordless Makita. I just do not need a rough framing saw anymore. I plan on getting the 1219l for the shop and big projects. Although I wonder if they will make a cordless version. I find these brushless motors powerful and smooth. I like them better than the corded. The dewalts a good framer and crew saw.  Simple and tough just not smooth enough for my high standards and has poor dust collection when needed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 1:24 PM, joemontague said:

I have the Makita x2 and just ordered the flexvolt selling the Makita and I'm a Makita fan boy

I had messaged you on Insta about this...

so you reckon the FlexVolt is a better Saw and deal too? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 9:25 PM, glass said:

I disagree.  The Dewalts rails are so sticky deflection is guaranteed on long bevel cuts. Plus it’s got a bushing that if tight enough to eliminate play one cannot slide the saw.  The Dewalts a framer or rough outside trim.  The makita is a finish saw, love the true soft start and I am surprised by its power. 

The amount of impressions I’ve seen and read about the Makita’s rails and fence being subpar don’t inspire me with confidence that it would make bevel cuts any smoother than my FlexVolt, but whatever floats your boat. 

I got the Milwaukee. I actually like it. Score three for team red. Still a long way to go but thus far it’s a pretty nice saw. It’s not my Kapex but I didn’t get it for finish work, I got it for working outside. I would still have gone with the Makita or the Flexvolt without hesitation but I got a screaming hot deal on a reconditioned unit and I already have two 9.0s for the friggin awesome transfer pump I’ve been using for the last two months.