milwaukee 2784-20 rotary grinder.

zakiah2010

Hello everyone,

I currently have a cordless dremel that is frustrating me because the battery life is so short.  3 batteries for 2 hours...... I recently got a milwaukee m18 12.0 battery, and was looking into the milwaukee rotary grinder because its pretty bad ass.  My question is does dremel accessories fit the 2784-20?  The reason being  i have a dremel flex shaft, which would make it a lot easier for detail work and if this isnt possible does milwaukee make something similar

To answer your first question the 2784-20 has a 1/4" collet and your dremels have 1/8" collets so no it wouldn't be a direct fit.  I don't know if there is some sort of aftermarket insert adapter that would take a collet from a 1/4" to a 1/8" nor do I know if there is a flex shaft with a 1/4" drive shaft.  

To answer your first question the 2784-20 has a 1/4" collet and your dremels have 1/8" collets so no it wouldn't be a direct fit.  I don't know if there is some sort of aftermarket insert adapter that would take a collet from a 1/4" to a 1/8" nor do I know if there is a flex shaft with a 1/4" drive shaft.  
1/4 to 1/8 collet reducers are common. Try MLCS. They ship free with no minimum. The problen is the Dremel flex shaft does not chuck in the 1/8 collet, like a bit. On the Dremel, you must remove the collet and collet nut and the plastic nose piece which has a very seldom seen 3/4-12( other than rotary tools) thread. Then an adapter nut screws on the collet thread. It has a,square hole in the end to accept the flex cable. The flex cable goes into the hole and a plastic nut on the flex cable sheath screws onto the Dremel where the nose piece was. The smaller 12volt milwaukee rotary tool is compatible but probsbly not the bigger one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk