Free m18 job site fan with purchase

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah saw that on acme and was wondering if they were trying to clear out the older inventory

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The compact brushless and fan aren't exactly old inventory, but definitely trying to clear out inventory that isn't moving since this is across so many stores.  I think the fan was a pretty big flop with the high price and AC adapter instead of a plug for an extension cord.

• Like 2

It's crazy Milwaukee wants 80 bucks for the fan. Also like Jeff mentioned why did they use the lame ac adapter Ryobi has it figured out to use a extension cord plug. I would also be fine with a normal cord and plug also on it. The lame ac adapter kills it though.

It's crazy Milwaukee wants 80 bucks for the fan. Also like Jeff mentioned why did they use the lame ac adapter Ryobi has it figured out to use a extension cord plug. I would also be fine with a normal cord and plug also on it. The lame ac adapter kills it though.

Lots of stuff sounds good from a corner office in a room full of suits

• Like 1

The compact brushless and fan aren't exactly old inventory, but definitely trying to clear out inventory that isn't moving since this is across so many stores.  I think the fan was a pretty big flop with the high price and AC adapter instead of a plug for an extension cord.

Not just that, but the Ridgid fan kicks it's ass on specs and the Ryobi fan has the awesome extension cord plug and super cool 2x4 hanger base. The folks in Milwaukee design need to take a field trip to see where their fellow TTI designers work to pick up some better ideas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, khariV said:

Not just that, but the Ridgid fan kicks it's ass on specs and the Ryobi fan has the awesome extension cord plug and super cool 2x4 hanger base. The folks in Milwaukee design need to take a field trip to see where their fellow TTI designers work to pick up some better ideas.

I know some companies have a pretty strict no-sharing policy between owned companies or even divisions of the same company.  Someone else might be able to explain this better, but it helps keep diversity of ideas going. Say they start sharing everything so one generation you combine all the tools into one lineup, but then the next generation you'd lose the things that weren't on the best tool but were still good.  I hope that makes some sense.

That said, I'm not sure how they justify some of these design decisions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tharunjohar46
    Newest Member
    tharunjohar46