This ladder is pretty great...

Moze

Not sure if this is a "hand tool", but wasn't sure where else to put it. Collapses to about 3½" x 4" and is really sturdy when open. I was afraid it was going to be flimsy, but it's really well built. I do a lot of work in hospitals, museums, etc., and this beats lugging around a full sized 6' ladder.

Ladder1.jpg

Ladder2.jpg

Ladder3.jpg

Ladder4.jpg

I've got the Gorilla version of the Little Giant. It's a great latter and I got it for next to nothing at the day after Thanksgiving sale about 4 years ago.

I got my Little Giant on sale as well, for around $100, when Home Depot discontinued selling them, I would not have purchased it otherwise, as I am really happy with my regular Werners.

I bought a Little Giant ladder for the same reason. The weight is its downfall though, and they know it, they put wheels on it. It does have the advantage of folding out flat to a 17' ladder and has a 1A rating.

Who makes that ladder and what is its weight rating?

It's sold by GP Logistics and made in Taiwan. I'm not positive who the original manufacturer is. I got it off Amazon for $145 shipped. Just checked it and they now have it for $209 + $27.27 shipping. Crazy - not sure why the price jumped.

Anyway, there's also a 7' version which is ironically less than the 6' now.

I have the Cosco version of the Gorilla ladder. Works fine for what it was designed for

It's sold by GP Logistics and made in Taiwan. I'm not positive who the original manufacturer is. I got it off Amazon for $145 shipped. Just checked it and they now have it for $209 + $27.27 shipping. Crazy - not sure why the price jumped.

Anyway, there's also a 7' version which is ironically less than the 6' now.

I have the Cosco version of the Gorilla ladder. Works fine for what it was designed for

It is a type II good for 225lbs, Unfortunately I need a Type I or better as I weigh about 200 lbs. and often have to lift heavy objects for installation, It does look like an interesting concept though.

The price has probably gone up from all the "quantitative easing" that the Fed has been doing....

• 2 months later...