Garden Plant Stand

LarryS

Built Garden (or flowers) Plant Stands. A simple quick project. A space saver.

The flower pots we got at Menards to fit over a 2x6. Got enough wood to build 3 more.

Just have to get them painted then.

Looks like I'll be busy for a little while.

Garden Plant Stand 1.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you KnarlyCarl

These are out of construction grade 2 x 6's.  Treated lumber would be better if you wan't to put them out on the ground.

I need to get a good paint for these. Any suggestions from anyone on prepping and painting these so they will last longer and won't peal? 

That is a very nice looking project can't wait to see finished. Paint stain water seal any thing would look good just depends on your taste and if you want to match surroundings. If that's where your gonna keep it a white to match rails would go good.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

11 hours ago, LarryS said:

Thank you KnarlyCarl

These are out of construction grade 2 x 6's.  Treated lumber would be better if you wan't to put them out on the ground.

I need to get a good paint for these. Any suggestions from anyone on prepping and painting these so they will last longer and won't peal? 

don't paint if you wanting to put these outside in the weather, spray or brush Thompson water sealer on them every 3-5 or so years, they have many different colors now .....if you didn't glue the joints unscrew them and cover every piece of wood in its entirety........... on any flats make sure the crown is up........ I have non treated fence boards treated with this since 7 years and they still look like day one......

• Like 2