Confusing Milwaukee's CS

jrk_indle84

So Thursday at work we were finishing up a job and the builders were there framing up the basment. They were having heck of time putting tapcons in so I suggested using my cordless hammer drill. Everything worked out but when got it back leaving noticed the release on the chuck was broke.

fb1be3fb7feb834241e4cde0053466eb.jpg

So ended up talking to one of the techs at Milwaukee after couldn't find the part on the site myself and he also couldn't find anything because they don't have a catalog yet for the tool. I was like well i haven't even had it a month and it hasn't been out that long. So he kinda chuckled and said yea I'm pretty sure you may be the first to break one.

Supposed to hear back tomorrow and hoping they can send me the part so don't haveta sent it to them. Looks fairly easy to change they just said that if the tool needs to be opened up it will void the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Niiiice... borrow your tools and they can't even treat them right, no good deed goes unpunished.

I cringe every time i hear someone use a hammer drill anymore ever since I have my SDS because I know one would serve them so much nicer! Mine is the 2712, what is your model?

They probably didn't understand how the release worked and assumed they needed to pull it out in order to insert the bit? But it clicks into place once the bit is inserted and you only need to pull it to remove the bit.

Stinks about your situation.

Can you put a bit into it and will it even hold onto the bit?

• Like 1

Niiiice... borrow your tools and they can't even treat them right, no good deed goes unpunished.

I cringe every time i hear someone use a hammer drill anymore ever since I have my SDS because I know one would serve them so much nicer! Mine is the 2712, what is your model?

They probably didn't understand how the release worked and assumed they needed to pull it out in order to insert the bit? But it clicks into place once the bit is inserted and you only need to pull it to remove the bit.

Stinks about your situation.

Can you put a bit into it and will it even hold onto the bit?

It still works just fine, it's only really cosmetic. More so the fact I've barely had it for a month and somethings broke. But it really doesn't effect anything. Idk really just figured if could get it fixed I will and if not that's fine too. Actually seems like they had the chuck up against a 2x4 or something while drilling and it wore threw the plastic. But I don't really know.

The model is 2713, it's the new d handle fuel drill

912f618bb5151995799e38c509c31041.jpg

Milwaukee pays for shipping and everything FYI with warranty work. They might just ship you a new tool

Yea I know, it's really not a big deal to send it off I just don't really want to ha. From the looks of it to fix it only need to remove 2 clips but I didn't get into it too much. Like said above the operation of drill isn't any different and still works. Guess I'm kinda ocd bout little stuff like that being broke.

• Like 1

Man I think I like the D handle a lot more that the 2712. Sure is pretty.

Yea I like this one better, only thing wish woulda bout the kit instead of just the tool so woulda had a case for it. We had a old Bosch corded drill and was gonna reuse the case for it but it's touch longer and won't fit. One thing that would change about it is the direction switch, with where it is on drill sometimes when you set it down it switches to reverse so gotta watch that. But other than that it works good.

• Like 1

Sorry about your problem.

Didnt know there was a difference before now, but here in Norway Milwaukee rotary hammers(M18 and M28) comes with a different(and removeable) chuck. 

Are there 2 options on models in US (with and without removable chuck)?

Sorry about your problem.

Didnt know there was a difference before now, but here in Norway Milwaukee rotary hammers(M18 and M28) comes with a different(and removeable) chuck. 

Are there 2 options on models in US (with and without removable chuck)?

I really not sure to be honest with you. This is only one I've ever owned, besides the Bosch bulldog we have at work but it has same style of chuck. I don't think this one would be hard to change, looks like there's a clip or two and the chuck assembly would come out.

Just a update if anyone was wondering, never did hear back from CS but a guy on here ordered the part for me and may have it in couple days. Don't like if end up calling CS back or not but can't really fault them for not getting back, sure I'm not only one on list. But pretty cool someone on here was willing to help out.

• Like 1

What's the appeal of a D-handle? I have limited experience with SDS so don't really have any first hand experience with how the ergonomics may differ etc. 

On topic, lending tools to people sucks. 9/10 people I've worked with can't be trusted to treat a power tool better than they treat a bag of garbage. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bremon said:

What's the appeal of a D-handle? I have limited experience with SDS so don't really have any first hand experience with how the ergonomics may differ etc. 

On topic, lending tools to people sucks. 9/10 people I've worked with can't be trusted to treat a power tool better than they treat a bag of garbage. 

Drilling on a floor or ceiling it puts your hand inline with the bit and gives some extra reach.

Idk that there is really any advantage to having this style of drill. I guess somebody could comment a little more but for me it's just what I was used to having and what I wanted. And like said above gives a little more leverage I feel sometimes.

I agree about lending tools out I usually avoid it unless really know the person. Or if I get into a situation that use someone's stuff I usually treat it alot better than I do my own and if break something it's fixed before goes back to owner.

Idk that there is really any advantage to having this style of drill. I guess somebody could comment a little more but for me it's just what I was used to having and what I wanted. And like said above gives a little more leverage I feel sometimes.

I agree about lending tools out I usually avoid it unless really know the person. Or if I get into a situation that use someone's stuff I usually treat it alot better than I do my own and if break something it's fixed before goes back to owner.

D handle can't accept the handy hammervac attachment Milwaukee makes. It does have longer body, easier to reach some places. The handles are both in line with the bit, so don't see advantage there. D handle probably easier to get in some places of you're attaching something to the wall between some tight equipment, it looks like it would be less clumsy to hold too....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw out a update, should get the part maybe this week so hopefully will be all fixed up. Member from here got everything and sent it my way free of charge, which didn't expect, so thanks again for that.

If think bout it when changing it will snap few pics in case anyone is wondering how to change the chuck.

• Like 2

I've got this same new Fuel SDS. First cordless RH for me. It rocks. My corded SDS will probably not see the light of day again. Can't wait for the SDS-Max to finally become available.

Ha yea we haven't got the corded one out of the job trailer hardly at all since got this one. Haven't seen anything bout the SDS Max might haveta look into that.

Well finally got done with a long week of work so was able to get the drill fixed. Wasn't too bad but let me tell ya those little snap rings were a pain. But got it all back once got some more hands. To help out.

Here's some pics during the process

5df90ee0ad5e5ac46478f5a94b2ec2a5.jpg

64cb3a795da830561923a7a46b822134.jpg

92c9b8134ec480f88f2774401976dc0d.jpg

6dae1d3acae35f6d7d31679d124c449f.jpg

And after getting in done

dfcbec3613a7acd0eaa4594788536148.jpg

As you can see its been getting used in the month and a half since got it. Think looked back and picked it up last week of April. But tools are meant to be used ha.

8fdc68636712fd2629dce0036d97e351.jpg

b819d2a1ed9b130104a37272513dde04.jpg

Sorry for all the pics ha.

• Like 1